Big News Out of Tuscaloosa - Conecuh Sausage Now "The Official Smoked Sausage" of UA

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Re: Big News Out of Tuscaloosa - Conecuh Sausage Now "The Official Smoked Sausage" of

Not sure there has ever been an official brand, never heard of one, but if there was it was probably Zeigler's, as someone mentioned before.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: Big News Out of Tuscaloosa - Conecuh Sausage Now "The Official Smoked Sausage" of

Best smoked sausage on the market. Zeigler years ago made a Plantation Style Sausage that was as good as Conecuh but that is the only smoked sausage I have ever had that rivals Conecuh.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I'll be grilling some Conecuh link sausage on the 4th. Along with some burgers and chicken.

By the way.... Happy Independence Day everyone!!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

I grew up on Conecuh sausage. Anytime my mama comes out to visit, I have her bring me Conecuh sausage and Jimmy Dandy grits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I grew up on Conecuh sausage. Anytime my mama comes out to visit, I have her bring me Conecuh sausage and Jimmy Dandy grits.
You can order Conecuh from their website if you want.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

What was the previous official sausage?
I know that Ziegler used to buy ad space in some of the old game day programs back in the 80’s. They are based in Tuscaloosa and I believe at one time Coach Bryant had an ownership stake in the company.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

You are right, dman IIRC, Coach Bryant had a fairly sizable ownership position in Ziegler from when he came back to Tuscaloosa in 1958.

Last edited:

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005

The last time I worked a concession stand at BDS a few years ago they had switched to Carolina Pride hot dogs and sausages. Not sure if it's the same now or not with the hotdogs.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Just got back from Costco and did this thread proud. Gonna be grillin some Conecuh tomorrow folks.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Good Grillin Sausage, but it's July...
I want mine with grilled Onions, Peppers, and Mushrooms.
Makes a heck of a sandwich.
Talking about food reminds me...
July means we are all 'starving' for football talk.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Slice some Conecuh into thin pieces about the size of 2 quarters with some shredded habaneros and you got a nice meal:wink:

T Bone

1st Team

I do believe that just a couple or three years ago the official sausage was johnsonville brats.......i could be wrong but i know we did them up here in the frozen hades of upstate NY for that reason, again i could be wrong.....roll tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.