Blake Barnett transferring again

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This really isn't a good life lesson for BB. In the real world after college you can't get a do-over every time you don't get your way. Good luck to him.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Trying to think of a transfer that had on-field success, and Kamara and Ely are about the only ones coming to mind. Maybe Sentimore at UT. Not many.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
I guess when your surfer girl is preggo it gives you extra time to hit the books and graduate quickly. Kudos to him for that.

He's going to have to get that attitude fixed before he hits the real world, running from place to place because you aren't the top dog doesn't go over well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just had a leadership class on the new generation coming into the work force....millennials. This is the new norm.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Just a former player who left seeking a better opportunity, no more or no less. I don't agree the way he left, but it is what it is. Maybe he (or she) has money and don't need a job with the child coming. Regardless, I hope he gets his degree and has a good career and his child is healthy.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
It was clear that he couldn't handle the pressure of being the QB at Alabama. He always looked uncomfortable and rattled on the field.

Now he's transferring again, and it seems obvious he just can't handle pressure period. If he has to work for it, it isn't for him, or at least that's how I see it.
Really? His stats for the 3 games. Very good qb rating. Not a single turnover, and if you remember, Hurts turned over the ball 14 times that year. I think Barnett cut out too soon and I bet he regrets it. I think he'd had have another chance later in the season, as it became apparent Hurts would struggle in the passing game and a balanced offense (I know the misleading stats) against good defenses, plus problems with reading defense, checking down to receivers, pocket presence, etc..

2016AlabamaSECFRQB3111957.921911.513.620189.5

USC game video...

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Trying to think of a transfer that had on-field success, and Kamara and Ely are about the only ones coming to mind. Maybe Sentimore at UT. Not many.
as much as I hate it, maurice smith did well at UGA. Starter, team captain, got an free agent deal.

Kendall Sheffield is doing ok at OSU

Christian Bell is kinda a transfer and played as a freshman at wisconsin

Burgess-Becker had a good contribution to UCF and will likely start next year

Adonis Thomas started a couple of games for FSU.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Really? His stats for the 3 games. Very good qb rating. Not a single turnover, and if you remember, Hurts turned over the ball 14 times that year. I think Barnett cut out too soon and I bet he regrets it. I think he'd had have another chance later in the season, as it became apparent Hurts would struggle in the passing game and a balanced offense (I know the misleading stats) against good defenses, plus problems with reading defense, checking down to receivers, pocket presence, etc..

USC game video...
I don't remember which game it was, but I think I remember one that he was put in during a high pressure time in the game, and he looked rattled on TV. He kind of looked like he was going to throw up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't remember which game it was, but I think I remember one that he was put in during a high pressure time in the game, and he looked rattled on TV. He kind of looked like he was going to throw up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
His first game USC. He looked rattled and then came in with a huge lead and looked great.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Part of me wants to make a snarky comment about all of this for a laugh, after how he jumped ship on us in 2016. Instead, I will wish the young man and his new family all the best and move on.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

USC game video...
Stats are nice but context is king.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
as much as I hate it, maurice smith did well at UGA. Starter, team captain, got an free agent deal.

Kendall Sheffield is doing ok at OSU

Christian Bell is kinda a transfer and played as a freshman at wisconsin

Burgess-Becker had a good contribution to UCF and will likely start next year

Adonis Thomas started a couple of games for FSU.
Those are pretty minor successes though. Sheffield looked horrible at times last season. I think the only transfer that I still think "man if he had stayed..." is Kamara.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Well, I may be the only one, but I actually feel sorry for the guy.

He's been LIED TO at Every place he's been.

He signed with Alabama, certainly under the assumption that we would keep running a pro-style offense AND that he'd get a fair shot at the job. Both turned out to be LIES.

Then he transfers to Az State certainly under the assumption that the position coach who recruited him, OC Chip Lindsey, would be his QB coach and Az St. would be running an offense suited to his skill set - again, All LIES. Lindsey bailed on Az.St. about "15 minutes" after the ink was dry on Barnett's transfer, and the HC who recruited Barnett, Todd Graham, was fired months later - Nov. 2017.

FWIW, I imagine Barnett is probably an arrogant jerk. I suspect more than a few HS QB's who win the Elite 11 competition are.
But would you wish that sort of treatment on anyone?
Would you still dis' him as a "quitter" if it was YOUR SON who had been treated that way?.

(Disclosure - Blake Barnett is NOT any relation to me, and in fact I've never even met him - so save the "Thanks, Momma Barnett" replies!!! LOL!!! ;) )

Oh! And "as per usual" - Flame Away! :p

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Helicopter Father...
Well, I may be the only one, but I actually feel sorry for the guy.

He's been LIED TO at Every place he's been.

He signed with Alabama, certainly under the assumption that we would keep running a pro-style offense AND that he'd get a fair shot at the job. Both turned out to be LIES.

Then he transfers to Az State certainly under the assumption that the position coach who recruited him, OC Chip Lindsey, would be his QB coach and Az St. would be running an offense suited to his skill set - again, All LIES. Lindsey bailed on Az.St. about "15 minutes" after the ink was dry on Barnett's transfer, and the HC who recruited Barnett, Todd Graham, was fired months later - Nov. 2017.

FWIW, I imagine Barnett is probably an arrogant jerk. I suspect more than a few HS QB's who win the Elite 11 competition are.
But would you wish that sort of treatment on anyone?
Would you still dis' him as a "quitter" if it was YOUR SON who had been treated that way?.

(Disclosure - Blake Barnett is NOT any relation to me, and in fact I've never even met him - so save the "Thanks, Momma Barnett" replies!!! LOL!!! ;) )

Oh! And "as per usual" - Flame Away! :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.