Poll: Bring Back the White Helmets for Away games?

Bring back the White Helmets for Away Games?

• Yes

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 86.7%

• Total voters

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
When I saw Johnny Musso dive into the end zone against USC, I became fond of the white helmet. I don’t want them worn all the time but I would have no problem seeing them once in awhile.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just kidding, but I DO think some kind of acknowledgement of the GOAT on the uniform would be in order. Then again, I don`t recall if we did that for Coach Bryant (?).
The season after Coach Bryant died our helmets had a sticker on the back of the helmet of his houndstooth hat.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
When I saw Johnny Musso dive into the end zone against USC, I became fond of the white helmet. I don’t want them worn all the time but I would have no problem seeing them once in awhile.
I`ve always thought that was one of the most significant wins in Alabama football history. Tuscaloosa erupted!

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
When Bear and Perk used white head gear it wasn't about home and away, it was about the other team wearing a similar color helmet and our QBs seeing that difference. I remember a UGA game, UGA in red jerseys and helmets, Bama in crimson jerseys; Bear had only the Bama eligible receivers in white headgear. Wouldn't bother me if we wore them against teams wearing similar color headgear but NOT all away games. Who wants to go to the Barn with both teams in white headgear? In high school I played in one game both teams in white pants and white jerseys, the only difference was they were in white helmets we wore dark headgear, it made quite a difference. OH YES, don't forget, one year way in the past Bama wore brown pants!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
When Bear and Perk used white head gear it wasn't about home and away, it was about the other team wearing a similar color helmet and our QBs seeing that difference. I remember a UGA game, UGA in red jerseys and helmets, Bama in crimson jerseys; Bear had only the Bama eligible receivers in white headgear. Wouldn't bother me if we wore them against teams wearing similar color headgear but NOT all away games. Who wants to go to the Barn with both teams in white headgear? In high school I played in one game both teams in white pants and white jerseys, the only difference was they were in white helmets we wore dark headgear, it made quite a difference. OH YES, don't forget, one year way in the past Bama wore brown pants!
While watching a few Bama games my pants almost turned brown.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Picture this...

A houndstooth background.
A straw-hat pattern stripe.
Crimson numbers on one side.
A crimson script A on the other side.
The five Bama NC coaches' statues along the bottom of the back of the helmet.
All atop a solid white uniform with strategically placed crimson and/or houndstooth trim.

Sorry for the nightmares...
You forgot Denny Chimes on one jersey sleeve and Archibald’s on the other.

Reactions: uafan4life

CrimsonCleanse

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2023
I have bad memories of the white helmets. At Boston College in 1983 and at Georgia Tech in 1984 to name a couple :mad::mad:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.