Broncos at Dolphins

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I recall that game
I guess I’m old school. I believe your goal is to beat your opponent, not humiliate them.

I think we as Bama fans know that. It is a thing called class. I remember in 1973 Alabama beating VPI (now Va Tech) 77-6 while amassing over 800 yards. Bryant played everyone except the water boy and cheerleader with a sprained knee. Bryant later stated he really didn’t like the way the game ended, because he didn’t want it to seem he was running it up on VPI and attempting to embarrass them.

That is class. And that is why we loved Bryant and Alabama Football.

If McDaniel, playing his backups, runs his offense and Denver can’t stop them and they set the record for yards and scoring, so be it. I’ve got no problem with it.

But I think McDaniel did the respectful thing. I applaud him for it. If the “shoe was on the other foot” would Sean Peyton kicked the FG? Maybe. I think, however, the true test of your character is basing you decision making on what you believe is right, not what you think you think someone else would do . There are lots things in life we can rationalize by comparison to a “lower common denominator”.
Yes, its amazing how you remember games, no tv back then , just John Forney and Doug Latham. I had pneumonia and back then even at 16 they put you in the hospital. Thank god for my mom she bought me a am/fm radio soI could listen to the game. VMI was called the gobblers back then. Yes and I agree about Coach Bryant, he said on his Sunday show anyone that wasnt hurt or hurt bad played in that game. We were running the wishbone and to put up 77 with that offense is amazing.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don’t want to hear about the NFL having things right with regards to college football’s targeting clown show.

I just watched Minkah Fitzpatrick get flagged for roughing the passer on a sack. He literally shoved Jimmy G down. I have never seen a targeting call in college that was more bogus than that.

I know the NFL protects the QB. But this was egregious.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don’t want to hear about the NFL having things right with regards to college football’s targeting clown show.

I just watched Minkah Fitzpatrick get flagged for roughing the passer on a sack. He literally shoved Jimmy G down. I have never seen a targeting call in college that was more bogus than that.

even the booth expert said the call was wrong.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Where the nfl has it right is that it has a flagrant and incidental distinction and only makes reviews when that is the question. You aren’t worried about losing a key player because he was playing football, and you aren’t wasting people’s time with reviews.

Yeah the Minkah hit was a horrible call and I was hot because I’m a Steelers fan watching another time we get called for a db coming on a blitz again.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The bears might get beat worse. They are bad and they should feel bad.
Yeah, Pat Mahomes saw Miami score 70 on Denver and said ‘ Hold My Beer’
Bears and Broncos probably need to call it a season at this point.

Shows what happens when you choose those colors for your team.
--------------------

The mediocrity bowl

Do they play the Bears? 🤷🏻
They play each other next weekend 😂
You guys hate me something fierce, don't yall?

From original founding team to joke. All while being owned by the Halas family. I....am......NOT HAPPY, as you can imagine.

I dislike the kind of feeling you have when you know your team is not going to compete, much less win a game Eberflus coached team has not given up less than 25 points in a game since October 13, 2022 against WAS. So the Bears can't score, can't stop people from scoring but hey....
they do have one heck of a kicker.

You know you're bad (and yes, I've got my paper bags to put over my head), when the team that got pounded by 50 and who allowed 70 points, opens up as a 2.5 point favorite against you IN CHICAGO.

Here we are....Eberflus is the new Marc Trestman....and he gots to go. One of the 3 blind mice are gone already (Alan Williams) and Luke Getsy is not long for the OC in Chicago. At least Bryce Young and Carolina is helping the Bears out too by not being very good, so ATP the Bears are looking at TWO top 5 picks in next year's draft.

And.......

1695622500223.png

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Bears defeated the Redskins 73-0 in the 1940 NFL championship game for the most points ever scored by one team in a game.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I recall that game

Yes, its amazing how you remember games, no tv back then , just John Forney and Doug Latham. I had pneumonia and back then even at 16 they put you in the hospital. Thank god for my mom she bought me a am/fm radio soI could listen to the game. VMI was called the gobblers back then. Yes and I agree about Coach Bryant, he said on his Sunday show anyone that wasnt hurt or hurt bad played in that game. We were running the wishbone and to put up 77 with that offense is amazing.
I think you mean Va Tech.
I do not think Bama has ever played VMI and VMI has never been the "Gobblers."
Bama has played Va Tech, and they have been called the Gobblers.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
You guys hate me something fierce, don't yall?

From original founding team to joke. All while being owned by the Halas family. I....am......NOT HAPPY, as you can imagine.

I dislike the kind of feeling you have when you know your team is not going to compete, much less win a game Eberflus coached team has not given up less than 25 points in a game since October 13, 2022 against WAS. So the Bears can't score, can't stop people from scoring but hey....
they do have one heck of a kicker.

You know you're bad (and yes, I've got my paper bags to put over my head), when the team that got pounded by 50 and who allowed 70 points, opens up as a 2.5 point favorite against you IN CHICAGO.

Here we are....Eberflus is the new Marc Trestman....and he gots to go. One of the 3 blind mice are gone already (Alan Williams) and Luke Getsy is not long for the OC in Chicago. At least Bryce Young and Carolina is helping the Bears out too by not being very good, so ATP the Bears are looking at TWO top 5 picks in next year's draft.

And.......

View attachment 37030
What the heck is an Eberfloss? Sounds like something at the dentist.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I hate that we basically wasted 2-3yrs of Tua with an easy-button OC and mediocre DC. Should have won an NC in 2018 at least. Can’t believe his only NC was as the backup put in for the second half of the championship game.
It smarts, indeed. With Tua and the quality receivers we had we should have won it 3 straight years. The Clemson game was a true disappointment. They knew what we were doing before we did it.

But, the Tua to Smitty walkoff for the NC was no doubt the greatest play in Bama history and I can't imagine another play that would rival it in the history of college football!

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I hate that we basically wasted 2-3yrs of Tua with an easy-button OC and mediocre DC. Should have won an NC in 2018 at least. Can’t believe his only NC was as the backup put in for the second half of the championship game.
I share your frustration. That 2018 had more talent on offense than any other college football team in history. Just consider the offensive players who went on to be 1st round draft picks. Bama had 4 WR, 3 OL, 2 RB, and a QB who would eventually go on to be 1st round draft picks. You can also add a QB and a TE who would be 2nd round draft picks. I'm not even including Mac Jones as a future 1st round draft pick since he wasn't really ready to go in 2018. There were times when Bama's offense would line up with 9 future 1st round draft picks on the field at one time with only the center and one guard not being future 1st round picks. That is the kind of fire power I never would have thought possible before that season. For that offense to have put up 16 points on the biggest stage in college football is unfathomable.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads