The Elephant

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2020
  • Smash Keyboard
Reactions: bama579

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Anyone heard anything on him recently? I like our chances and saw this CB on 247 with "5" confidence score. Doesn't seem like bama writes on any site are willing to forecast anything yet.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...ami-Palmetto-211265/CurrentExpertPredictions/

The rivals bama guy has "unlikely" in his latest prediction. What does that even mean?

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/jason-marshall-195722#forecast-reasons
Bama is definitely still in it...it's not a slam dunk like it was with other recruits. Hearing he has started to have cold feet about going so far away from home....which has caused some of the confidence of Bama's side to fade. It's recruiting though...and kids feelings and emotions change with the wind. Terrence Ferguson was a Bama lean since the late part of last year....then all of a sudden this spring...all you heard for months was "Bama is still in it...but he's leaning UGA" to...."He's all UGA...". Then a couple of weeks before his announcement...you started to hear that Bama had re-gained the lead and we saw how he decided last Sunday. I expect Marshall's recruitment to go up until NSD regardless of when he commits.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiderJack

The Elephant

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2020
Bama is definitely still in it...it's not a slam dunk like it was with other recruits. Hearing he has started to have cold feet about going so far away from home....which has caused some of the confidence of Bama's side to fade. It's recruitimg though...and kids feelings and emotions change with the wind. Terrence Ferguson was a Bama lean since the late part of last year....then all of a sudden this spring...all you heard for months was "Bama is still in it...but he's leaning UGA" to...."He's all UGA...". Then a couple of weeks before his announcement...you started to hear that Bama had regained the lead and we saw how he decided last Sunday. I expect Marshall's recruitment to go up until NSD regardless of when he commits.
Appreciate it. We all know how recruiting goes. He did have a mysterious tweet he later deleted about making a decision on Aug. 1st.

I saw where his teammates are all committing in August which made me think he may commit sooner, coupled with that tweet, especially with COVID shutting down visits for the foreseeable future.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Bama is definitely still in it...it's not a slam dunk like it was with other recruits. Hearing he has started to have cold feet about going so far away from home....which has caused some of the confidence of Bama's side to fade. It's recruitimg though...and kids feelings and emotions change with the wind. Terrence Ferguson was a Bama lean since the late part of last year....then all of a sudden this spring...all you heard for months was "Bama is still in it...but he's leaning UGA" to...."He's all UGA...". Then a couple of weeks before his announcement...you started to hear that Bama had regained the lead and we saw how he decided last Sunday. I expect Marshall's recruitment to go up until NSD regardless of when he commits.
At this point I hope Jason will visit somehow and see how things are set-up and run at Bama and talk with Saban in person. I don't know if that will be possible in the near future.

Reactions: The Elephant

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
this is all commits ( recruitment to go up until NSD regardless)

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Dead period till 8/31 so he can visit on his own dime with no contact with coaches. After that who knows what will happen, the ncaa could extend it or official visits could start. I'm guessing he will have a spot if he wants it till NSD

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
3 CB's for the U today. Marshall may choose to stay close to home with Covid.
could be or could be drawing suspense. this is the time of year dreams are sold but then they actually play games lol also the same guys who predicted this are also the same ones that said it was bama and UF so

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Alright so here is some inside info on Marshall...there were HEAVY rumors that Marshall would be announcing a commitment today to Miami...I don't like to put info like that out until I hear something concrete. Miami has done a good job of targeting Miami players this cycle and getting them to stay home. They have landed 5 star James Williams (who everyone had already surrendered to UGA), and have landed two of Marshall's teammates. I had a source tell me that Marshall prefers to leave Miami. His mother wants him to stay closer to home. His father is on board with Marshall going to Alabama. This will give you all some insight on why there has been a lot of Miami noise lately when less than a month ago...a commitment to Alabama seemed on the horizon. The staff wants Marshall badly and they are applying a lot pressure and going all out for him. This one will be a tug-of-war all the way up to NSD no matter when he announces.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Alright so here is some inside info on Marshall...there were HEAVY rumors that Marshall would be announcing a commitment today to Miami...I don't like to put info like that out until I hear something concrete. Miami has done a good job of targeting Miami players this cycle and getting them to stay home. They have landed 5 star James Williams (who everyone had already surrendered to UGA), and have landed two of Marshall's teammates. I had a source tell me that Marshall prefers to leave Miami. His mother wants him to stay closer to home. His father is on board with Marshall going to Alabama. This will give you all some insight on why there has been a lot of Miami noise lately when less than a month ago...a commitment to Alabama seemed on the horizon. The staff wants Marshall badly and they are applying a lot pressure and going all out for him. This one will be a tug-of-war all the way up to NSD no matter when he announces.
Thanks for the info BhamBama. Two more CB's to Miami today but that is understandable since many thought he would commit today. Hopefully son and father (and Saban) win this one.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Thanks for the info BhamBama. Two more CB's to Miami today but that is understandable since many thought he would commit today. Hopefully son and father (and Saban) win this one.
Either way a quality player going to an ACC school that doesn't directly resemble the barn with a lake is OK too...IF we have to lose a guy...I like seeing UNC and The U grabbing some talent...

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Either way a quality player going to an ACC school that doesn't directly resemble the barn with a lake is OK too...IF we have to lose a guy...I like seeing UNC and The U grabbing some talent...
i never blame a kid for staying close to home, but i hope it's not because of the covid. there are 300 companies spending billions on research for treatments and vaccines. believe me some will come up with answer before long, probably at the end of the year hopefully.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.