Coaching Carousel 2021

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
this is the one position in football that I think the college game is in a better position than the pro game. People know the S&C coaches at the college level. I can’t recall a pro coach. Plus the research at a university , I would think , would have greater potential than at a pro level. Having said that, there could be something said for establishing cutting edge sports medicine at the professional sports level, using fully mature athletes instead of developing athletes.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
this is the one position in football that I think the college game is in a better position than the pro game. People know the S&C coaches at the college level. I can’t recall a pro coach. Plus the research at a university , I would think , would have greater potential than at a pro level. Having said that, there could be something said for establishing cutting edge sports medicine at the professional sports level, using fully mature athletes instead of developing athletes.
I agree, most of the pro athletes follow their own regimen provided by their own personal trainers.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I dont think we lose either..............

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
That would be a huge waste of their talent... :rolleyes:

Forty-five egotistical football players versus a couple hundred different athletes (mostly with a good attitude). That is a no-brainer. :cool:
i agree but i wonder what the money difference is here.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Average NFL salary for a S&C coach is $500k/year.

David Ballou makes $525k/year a year and Matt Rhea makes $475k/year a year.

IOW, money won't be the deciding factor - Bama can match anything the NFL will throw at them.
Give ‘em each $50k and a nice new Nick Saban Mercedes for the wife and keep them at home.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I thought we just built or are building a facility pretty much just for them. I hope they stay as someone has pointed out already, Pros do their own thing with their own trainers.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
It’s an ambitious feeler… I’ve followed Alabama S&C and I think that Ballou and Rhea are a huge part of the secret sauce that makes Alabama elite. My money says that they get a nice incentive to stay at Alabama and that they will stay at Alabama.
The secret sauce beats the not-so-secret "juice" that used to fuel a football "strength and conditioning program." S&C coaching has come a long (long) way - and to think CFB has Auburnt and the National Ster, er, Strength Research Center to "thank" for it

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Hmmm…maybe. But on its face it doesn’t make sense.
maybe it’s just me, but it seems there are a lot of people leaving that program at odd times in the sports calendar. For no apparent or an unknown reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.