Dabo disses SEC depth

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I would LOVE to gamble with you...:Joker_PDT_06:
You're very knowledgeable and often have fantastic insight, but that's arguably one of the dumbest things I have EVER heard...:banghead:

Sylacauga's close to barn country...osmosis???

on TideFans.com
Alabama’s. No blue font at all.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Now you're just being a smart aleck...
He asked which schedule would you RATHER have, not which is easier. I don’t think many here would want to trade LSU, Auburn, and aTm for Syracuse, BC, and UNC. Alabama’s schedule has the perfect balance of excitement and the difficulty to make a title run.

So yeah I would take Alabama’s schedule over Clemson’s.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A little, But to give you the answer you want “ If the goal is to win a national championship only” then Clemson is the better one.
The goal is to in a national championship. Period. Only fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.

Meanwhile, if Alabama loses in the SECCG and gets left out of the CFP then those same fans will be whining about how easy the other teams' schedules were and talking about how unfair the difference in schedules were.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I really like Dabo, he’ll always be an Alabama guy to me. But I am curious to see how he coaches as the “front runner”, rather than the underdog. You know the saying “it’s easier to climb the mountain, than it is to stay on top of it”. This is the thing that has impressed me most about cns, his ability to maintain success.
Well, his commentary that has apparently upset some folks is an example of his coaching as a front runner. Coaches love to make their guys feel disrespected so they can keep their guys more focused. This seems like a clear-cut example of DS telling his guys that people still don't respect them just like the Roy bus thing he used last year.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The goal is to in a national championship. Period. Only fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.

Meanwhile, if Alabama loses in the SECCG and gets left out of the CFP then those same fans will be whining about how easy the other teams' schedules were and talking about how unfair the difference in schedules were.
Yep, I am surprised you didn’t link the thread about scheduling we have had in here a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

There is a big difference between wanting the schedule that is and wanting to make that same schedule that is harder. Ditching the SEC schedule for an ACC schedule would be more detrimental to Alabama in the long run. There is a reason why the ACC has 3 NCs since 1999 while the SEC has 10. It’s better to have a degree of difficulty than an almost nonexistent one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is a big difference between wanting the schedule that is and wanting to make that same schedule that is harder. Ditching the SEC schedule for an ACC schedule would be more detrimental to Alabama in the long run. There is a reason why the ACC has 3 NCs since 1999 while the SEC has 10. It’s better to have a degree of difficulty than an almost nonexistent one.
Yes - better coaching. It has nothing to do with the conference and everything to do with the actual programs. Better programs attract better coaches, and have the $$$ to keep those coaches around. Move Alabama to the ACC and you win even more championships, both in the short term and the long term. That is a straight fact.

The old assumption was that it took tough schedules to "temper" the best teams in order to prepare them for the BCSCG. But with the CFP, and the need to win 3 tough games in a row (conference championship game + 2 playoff games), it is far better to play a weak schedule and be rested and healthy for those games.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well whatever it was, that was NOT the same Alabama team from the whole season that faced Clemson. And you'll never convince me it was because Clemson was so great. Something was way off with Alabama that night and it was apparent from the opening drive. The body language was horrible. I think in hindsight a lot of it was half the coaching staff having its foot out the door.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Its really amazing to me that dabo is making quotes About the sec he should worry about his team and conference because the acc is WEAK and everyone knows it his team couldnt hold up to a full sec schedule and im pretty sure he knows it!!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think it shows his immaturity in that area. Dabo has a problem with feeling the need to respond to every hack on the internet. He needs to put that on his personal development list of "Things I need to improve on."
He does seem to take things too personal for a National Championship winning coach.

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017
Of course, the two toughest games on Clemson's schedule are both SEC teams (Tx A&M and S. Carolina)....

How is South Carolina one of Clemson's two toughest games?

2018 Clemson 56 South Carolina 35....Boston College, Syracuse, Tex Am were all tougher games
2017 Clemson 34 South Carolina 10 it was 34-0 at end of 3rd quarter and the dogs were called off. Several ACC teams played Clemson tougher and one of them beat Clemson that year.
2016 Clemson 56 South Carolina 7... Almost every game Clemson played that year was tougher.

Clemson leads the series with South Carolina 70-42-4. Prior to our current five straight, they won five straight, but just prior to that Clemson had won 6 of 7 and 10 of 12. What in the world qualifies South Carolina as one of our two toughest games? South Carolina's run defense last year was among the worst we played all year. Georgia Tech would have run the option for 50 plus on them. Virginia blew them out 28-0! Virginia was a mid to lower Coastal Division team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.