Darby denied the Heisman!

determined

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2005
After winning the trophy his junior year with an even 2000 yards at presentation time the Heisman curse struck in a simulated bowl loss to Colorado

then in year two, Darby leads the Tide to an undefeated 12-0 and the SEC title with 2400-something rushing yards (he owns every Tide rushing record the game keeps track of) but he did not get the Heisman....lost it to a QB from Iowa with 3500-something passing yards

then we play USC in the Fiesta Bowl for the national title and win in overtime with an interception by the free safety that was almost run back for a touchdown that woud have given me a two score win in overtime

all five offensive linemen made 1st team All-America and a backup (showing just how much they got to play due to blowouts) made second team All-America

three of them then tried to leave for the NFL....the backup was the only one I couldn't talk into staying

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I created myself at QB. I played a little as a true freshman behind Brodie. Then I took over as a soph. My junior year was awsome. I had about 3,300 yards passing, 44 td, and 6 int. I only played about 3 or 4 games and simmed the rest. I wasn't even a Heisman finalist. :mad2:

As a senior I had 3,500 + yards, 35 td, and 4 int. I was a Heisman finalist but didn't get it. But I did beat aTm 28-14 in the Orange Bowl for the NC. :)

I'm looking forward to the Cowboys having the 1st overall pick in the 2009 draft. I'll be drafting ME! I may have to make some sweet deals to get the 1st overall pick. But I will have it! ;)

I won it with Darby, who had close to 3,000 yards and nearly 30 touchdowns. He was an invincible beast the first year.

I had made Jimmy Barnes and put the red shirt on him during the first year. Come the second year, Barnes is rated higher than Guillon and J.P. Wilson, so I give him the start. I play half the season and sim the other half. Barnes was the model of consistency. He helped Matt Caddell win the Heisman with 17 touchdown catches, and coming in second was Aaron Johns, who had close to 2,000 yards rushing. Barnes really went off the charts when I simmed the season. He was averaging 300+ yards and like 3-4 touchdowns a game.

In both seasons, pretty much my entire offensive line were 1st team All-Americans.

I can't wait to see what Barnes does in the future. I've recruited recievers that are 6'4, 6'6, and even one that is 6'7. They all are in the 80's, or at least will be when they develop, and I can't wait to pick apart the secondaries.

determined

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2005
I have never been able to recruit wide receivers....I always end up with one guy who is a clear #1 and the rest are log-jammed

IHateUT

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Knoxville, TN
I am doing the race for the Heisman mode at QB...Darby and Prothro were #1 & #2 in the Heisman race for most of the year. Then, tragedy struck as Darby jaw was broken, leaving him out for the year.

However, Prothro won the Heisman with around 2,000 all purpose yds. and an amazing number of TDs. Broke the NCAA record of receiving yards in one season and in one game.

End of the year, Darby leaves, Prothro stays. Go figure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.