Poll: Does Tua Stay or Go?

On Monday, will Tua Announce to Return to UA, or Declare for the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Apologies if this has already been discussed earlier in this thread. The comments about the family aspect of the decision made me wonder, if Tua returns, how does that effect Lia's career. I wonder how much that is playing into Tua/family's decision.
Lia could always redshirt next year if Tua came back.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Young could as well. Then play Tyson in the rest as the third string.
Sounds good, but if we have learned nothing else these last 2 years, it is that you need a backup QB ready to step in and win big games. The #2 QB needs as many quality snaps as Saban can get him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder why it’s taking Najee so long to release a statement. I figured he was the easiest of the bunch.
I am one who believes that Najee is probably a 3rd rounder now - maybe 2nd. However, with a whole season like the last half of this season, he could work his way much further up the draft board. Not as easy as it might seem.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
If you go to the Alabama Sports Board SEC Rant, under the "Bama Football Info and News" thread, there is some updated info from the supposed insider Crimson Boz. Very interesting if true. Said Tua's hip evaluation was a C- on a scale of A-D, but I assume that is the current state instead of what is expected in the future. ?

Of course his hip would be just average now since it has not been that long since surgery. The poster also said his dad was sort of pressing for Lia to play more. Tua has been adamant about staying this whole time but his dad may have other ideas based on the hip evaluation... like maybe leave now and rehab, get the money if in the top 15.

If any of this is true, it will be interesting which decision is made. I know it is difficult either way for Tua and his dad. I will be happy for Tua either way. I just want him to do what he/his dad feels is best.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If we ran the right offense, Najee Harris could win the Heisman in 2021. I don’t know if that significantly moves his draft stock? Derrick Henry playing at a high level in the NFL may help him as a fellow large back.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
If we ran the right offense, Najee Harris could win the Heisman in 2021. I don’t know if that significantly moves his draft stock? Derrick Henry playing at a high level in the NFL may help him as a fellow large back.
Wow. Imagine Najee, Trey Sanders, and Jase McClellan, plus the others on the roster. RTR

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If you go to the Alabama Sports Board SEC Rant, under the "Bama Football Info and News" thread, there is some updated info from the supposed insider Crimson Boz. Very interesting if true. Said Tua's hip evaluation was a C- on a scale of A-D, but I assume that is the current state instead of what is expected in the future. ?

Of course his hip would be just average now since it has not been that long since surgery. The poster also said his dad was sort of pressing for Lia to play more. Tua has been adamant about staying this whole time but his dad may have other ideas based on the hip evaluation... like maybe leave now and rehab, get the money if in the top 15.

If any of this is true, it will be interesting which decision is made. I know it is difficult either way for Tua and his dad. I will be happy for Tua either way. I just want him to do what he/his dad feels is best.
Here’s why I don’t buy this:

If his medical evaluation is bad then every team doctor at the combine is going to see it too. A bad evaluation would not lead to him being able to go top 15, it would insure that he does not. It may make sense for him to leave but he won’t be leaving for top 15 money if the hip is not looking great right now.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If that is true, and it is still that poor a grade recovery in April, he will not get drafted in the 1st round at all.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
I can’t imagine an NFL team paying first round money for someone not to play. I would imagine the contract would be loaded in favor of the team under such a scenario.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I could "see" Mac being starter and Lia being #2......with Tyson being sprinkled in as well.........….of course Crimson Boz could be wrong as well

Reactions: Saban4Ever

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Here’s why I don’t buy this:

If his medical evaluation is bad then every team doctor at the combine is going to see it too. A bad evaluation would not lead to him being able to go top 15, it would insure that he does not. It may make sense for him to leave but he won’t be leaving for top 15 money if the hip is not looking great right now.
My question is, if the evaluation grade is true, what does it really mean? It’s only been about 8 weeks, I think, so you wouldn’t expect it to be an A right now. Unless they are comparing to what it should be now at this stage. His doctor after surgery said he expected a full recovery.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.