Poll: Does Tua Stay or Go?

On Monday, will Tua Announce to Return to UA, or Declare for the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I keep hearing people say he might stay but not play. There is not any benefit of doing this in my opinion. He can get treatment from an NFL team and get paid at the same time. Why would you want to stay just for treatment and not get paid?šŸ¤”
If he does not intend to play in 2020 then he'd be better served to declare for the draft and do that on someone's payroll.

Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If he goes, it is with the assumption that he is a first round pick. Nobody drafts a qb in the first round to sit him for a year or three... :cool:
Packers did that with Aaron Rodgers. They drafted in late in the 1st round (24th) in the 2005 Draft and he did not start until the 2008 season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I would rather have two years of Mac than one more of Tua, and then risk having him get hurt. I am sorry, but that's how I feel.
Mac Jones may stay precisely because of that injury history of Tua and the fact 1 full season of a starter here will probably be enough to get him in the league if he performs like he has since being battlefield promoted this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he does not intend to play in 2020 then he'd be better served to declare for the draft and do that on someone's payroll.
Yeah, I have come full circle on this possibility. If he isn't going to play next year, far better to get paid to rehab than stay at Alabama. His draft stock will not rise unless he demonstrates on the field of play that he is healthy enough to play at a high level again. A "pro day" would not make a difference.

If he stays at Alabama, it is in the hopes that he can play for Alabama.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would rather have two years of Mac than one more of Tua, and then risk having him get hurt. I am sorry, but that's how I feel.
No need to apologize. I think a lot of us are thinking that. My worst fear is him coming back and having a repeat of the Mississippi State game at some point. And that's a fear for his behalf, not that of the team.

Of course there is the thought process that it could also happen next year in an NFL game. But at least at that point, he would be making some money.

I hate that it has come to this for him. So ultimately I guess its best to hope that his injury history is just that now - history - and that stay or go he has a great season next year and for many years to come.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Packers did that with Aaron Rodgers. They drafted in late in the 1st round (24th) in the 2005 Draft and he did not start until the 2008 season.
Yeah?!?, Well, how did that work out for them?
Wait...I guess it worked out pretty well for the Packers since Rodgers has been one of the best QBs in the league for the past decade.

• Haha
  • Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and Bazza

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Ah, the old double head fake negative/positive/negative post. o_O
Anything I say, the opposite will happen. Love for Tua to stay, but football career is short enough as is and he already has one significant injury to his resume. Tua comes back, I believe Bama will be in the NCG game in 2020 but I also want Tua to do what's best for him and his family and IMO, I think that means going pro.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I want what is best for Alabama as a team not just one person. Would love to see him stay. Think it would increase our chances to win another NC next year. But how does it affect everyone else? Who stays , who goes, who doesn't sign. Lot's of questions to be answered.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I voted he returns to Bama, because otherwise why all the teasing and drama?
I donā€™t think there is any teasing, I think the young man is taking in all the info before making a decision, Including a big visit to the doctor Friday! I think that visit will be huge in his decision. It will be huge in his life.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
I voted he stays. I think there is a vibe around the team of most everyone wanting to come back to get the bad taste of this year and last year's championship game out of their mouths. I think partly he is getting caught up in that. He stated in his interview on ESPN that the team is talking about it, who is going pro and what they should do. I think from a business standpoint he should go with his proclivity for getting hurt. He has not made it through a full season yet as a starter because of injury. Odds are he won't next year either unless he changes his playing style and is much more aware of throwing the ball away. I believe he should go but think he'll stay.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Well, that young man had better learn to throw the dang ball away when a play gets blown up. I love Tua, but he needs to learn that skill. In the Kiffin era, I developed a habit of saying to my tv, "Run the dang ball, Lane!" In the Tua era, I developed the habit of yelling, "Throw the ball away, Tua!"
Sometimes the defense just wins. Live to play another down.
Ive said it before, intentional grounding is a spot foul with loss of down, same as a sack without the hit!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think he goes - if he's truly a top15 predicted pick, it just doesn't make a ton of sense to come back, IMO.

That said, I selfishly hope he comes back with a chip on his shoulder...
I heard some guys talking today, take it for what thatā€™s worth but it made sense. 7 of the first 8 teams at the top of the NFL draft need a franchise QB. Given the NFLā€˜s history of reaching , itā€™s doubtful Tua makes it past the sixth pick .
OF course, there will be combine Heroā€™s and last minute wonders that move up in the draft(think Kyler Murray). Plus guys like Justin Herbert that have the tangible size and arm strength, ( think Josh Allen) . Given all that I think an NFL GM will take a chance early on Tua given his body of work.
I hope he leaves for himself and family , plus I wonder what will happen to the Psyche of the team, the fanbase , even Coach Saban if he comes back and suffers another devastating injury.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!ā€></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.