Federal officials announce surge of law enforcement resources to Memphis

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

While I'm thankful for the help, it shows how far we've fallen here that this is required. And it absolutely is required.

SMH

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I read the article, and was flabbergasted at this excerpt:

"Much of the announcement had an emphasis on the partnership between local, state and federal agencies. It comes as records show 18-year-old Edio White, charged with first-degree murder in the recent death of a 15-year-old in Binghampton, was released on his own recognizance Monday."

I had to go over it several times to be sure I hadn't mis-read something.

Charged with 1st degree murder, and free to walk the streets without bail.

I would have expected something like that in Chicago, New York, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and other similarly-inclined cities. After all, the little darlin' is only 18 and couldn't have understood what he was doing.

But Holy Moly, I wouldn't have expected it in Memphis.

• Wow
Reactions: AWRTR and dtgreg

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That's been going on for some time now - since the current DA was appointed. He believes that holding these idiots in jail increases the crime as they 'learn to be criminals' while incarcerated.

The skyrocketing violent crime here proves him completely wrong. But he keeps doubling down on his idiocy.

I know long-time business owners from Memphis who are closing up shop and leaving - either moving out where we are or leaving the Memphis area entirely. I keep telling people that even where we are will eventually be impacted - Memphis is an infection.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What a moron!

As if someone charged with 1st degree murder doesn’t already know full well how to be a criminal.

I know you know that. It’s just so frustrating to see someone whose job is to protect the public, more interested in protecting violent criminals.
It's why the violent crime rate has spike and so many people are leaving. The tax base is in the process of being gutted - those who are able are moving further out into neighboring towns or counties (as we did years ago) or leaving the area entirely (as we plan to).

There are obvious issues but they remain unaddressed as the local politicians either worry too much about being re-elected or they fear offending people.

It is what it is. Hopefully they can keep the idiots and animals under control until we can get out. After that this place can sink into the Mississippi for all I care. Memphis is an infection.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Padreruf

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Someone credibly accused of violent crimes cannot be released. Petty crimes, maybe, depending on the recidivism and what they did. But not violent crimes. That's sad that he doesn't understand this. I agree that someone accused of stealing to simply survive probably cannot make bail, and should not be held in a catch 22 situation due to poverty.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Memphis has fallen.

In the month of November alone, over two dozen children were shot in the Bluff City, including seven-month-old little Georgina Marie Gomez.

Her life will never be the same after being shot in the head Sunday in a drive-by shooting on Baltic Street.

• Crying
Reactions: Crimson1967

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
A Memphis leader needs to create a The Music Man styled intervention...change the game entirely for the city, but without the con-artist side.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Memphis needs to start throwing these idiots in jail for a long time.

I don't care if they had a rough childhood. I don't care that they didn't have a father. I don't care what their excuses are - act like a damn animal, get treated like one.

But again, no willpower here, for a variety of reasons that no one wants to talk about...

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Memphis has fallen.

What a sad, sad story. And I have a problem with the wording of the article. It says 12 “children” have been shot during the month of November.

Then it gives a list of individual incidents and the ages of the previous week’s victims. Among them are a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old.

It would have been thorough journalism to investigate them a bit more to determine the nature of the incidents. As in, were they truly innocent victims in the wrong place at the wrong time (as the 7 month old little girl clearly was)? Or were they targeted because of some other behavior?

IOW, is the problem truly random gunfire? Or is it criminal-on-criminal crime? The distinction matters because the methods to address the two problems are different.

But thorough journalism doesn’t exist anymore, especially if it would get in the way of a desired storyline.

What a maroon. And he ran for mayor — fortunately, he got only 57 votes.

But again, the article’s presentation of the offense. He was carrying “an assault-style“ rifle. What difference does it make if he‘s carrying an H&K 417 or a standard hunting rifle that fires a .223 round?

That round is undoubtedly deadly. But no more so when it’s fired from a mean-looking weapon.

I’d actually argue that the standard hunting rifle would be more dangerous to the public because it’s more accurate. But it doesn’t get the attention because it‘s not perceived as looking quite so threatening.

I don't care if they had a rough childhood. I don't care that they didn't have a father. I don't care what their excuses are - act like a damn animal, get treated like one.

But again, no willpower here, for a variety of reasons that no one wants to talk about...
The majority of both victims and perpetrators — by no means all, but the significant majority — are black or Hispanic. Nobody wants to talk about that because, if you’re white, it’s proof that you’re racist. If you’re black, you’re betraying your people by even admitting there’s a problem.

We can argue all day long about why that is, but that misses the immediate point — the clear and present threat to their populations.

Making excuses for criminals who fit the right demographic (like releasing someone charged with 1st degree murder without even bail) also puts the disadvantaged populations for which the “leaders” purport to advocate in even more danger.

Bottom line is that Memphis’ criminal system under District Attorney Steven Mulroy, and Mulroy personally, are the biggest threats that little Georgina Marie Gomez and others like her face.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

AKA, catch and release

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
This situation feels hopeless to me because at the heart of all this madness is a culture that sees prison not as a deterrent, but a rite of passage. Stricter sentencing and MOAR gun-laws will accomplish little (if anything.) The death penalty is not a deterrent because these idiots are out there killing each other out in the street. Progressive Kum Ba Yah-ism won't help. Neither will being a conservative hard-ass.

I'm starting to like George Carlin's idea about taking a square state, putting up fencing all the way around it and throwing all the violent criminals in there to fend for themselves. Put up cameras and show it all on a premium TV channel to pay for the fence.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This situation feels hopeless to me because at the heart of all this madness is a culture that sees prison not as a deterrent, but a rite of passage. Stricter sentencing and MOAR gun-laws will accomplish little (if anything.) The death penalty is not a deterrent because these idiots are out there killing each other out in the street. Progressive Kum Ba Yah-ism won't help. Neither will being a conservative hard-ass.

I'm starting to like George Carlin's idea about taking a square state, putting up fencing all the way around it and throwing all the violent criminals in there to fend for themselves. Put up cameras and show it all on a premium TV channel to pay for the fence.
I remember Carlin saying that, and at the time it was a joke. But then my favorite movie satire of all time, Network, was once actual satire.

Now, Carlin’s solution is starting to look less like a joke and more like a real possibility. And Network is no longer satire, but prophetic.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I remember Carlin saying that, and at the time it was a joke. But then my favorite movie satire of all time, Network, was once actual satire.

Now, Carlin’s solution is starting to look less like a joke and more like a real possibility. And Network is no longer satire, but prophetic.
Have you ever seen the film “The Second Civil War?” If you like satire that isn’t really satire anymore, you need to see it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads