Poll: Final Four Poll - Your Best Guess

Pick Your Top 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
With Oklahoma showing out, Clemson at 1 loss and Washington at 1 loss - I don't see 2 BIG10 teams getting in. And as much as ESPN is trying to promote the strength of the BIG10, they have more teams under 500 than the SEC has. The talking head phrase of the day was "SEC Cupcake Weekend" but ...

Ohio State struggled with a 3-8 MSU
Michigan struggled with 5-6 Indiana

I don't see it and I predict the BIG10 will be exposed in post season play.
I would rather see Western Michigan in than 2 BIG10 teams.
And don't get me started on a 3 loss USC. If they let that happen, we might as well go to 64 teams and start making participation trophies for all. Regular season performance is starting to get marginalized with the 4 team playoff as it is. College football will be unrecognizable in 10 years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This was for the actual year-end? I voted based on this week.

Year-end at this point? Alabama, Clemson, Michigan-Ohio State winner, Washington

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
With Oklahoma showing out, Clemson at 1 loss and Washington at 1 loss - I don't see 2 BIG10 teams getting in. And as much as ESPN is trying to promote the strength of the BIG10, they have more teams under 500 than the SEC has. The talking head phrase of the day was "SEC Cupcake Weekend" but ...

Ohio State struggled with a 3-8 MSU
Michigan struggled with 5-6 Indiana
1) Neither of those teams is an FCS team regardless of what we might think
2) Michigan State has had Ohio State's number in recent years (e.g. they've been Ole Miss to Urban's Alabama)
3) Alabama did not exactly set the world on fire in the first half last night, either

I don't see it and I predict the BIG10 will be exposed in post season play.
I would rather see Western Michigan in than 2 BIG10 teams.
Well, you really cannot go off of just ONE game. One could very easily argue that Alabama struggled with an Ole Miss team with a record that is the same as Indiana. In fact, Ole Miss has lost six games and the only team that beat them by FEWER points than 'mighty Alabama' is Arkansas. I realize, of course, the argument will be 'but Chad Kelly,' but that's no different than 'but Colt McCoy.'

I think Ohio State matches up best with us of any team in the country and Clemson second. I don't think anyone else has a prayer IF we play OUR game.

The two B1G teams argument will get interesting since there's no way to do it without a two-loss team. And if you do that you may as well pick undeserving Oklahoma, who finally beat someone of consequence last night. After all, OU would be a conference champion and Ohio State would not (if they beat UM - that ought to be a great game).

And don't get me started on a 3 loss USC. If they let that happen, we might as well go to 64 teams and start making participation trophies for all. Regular season performance is starting to get marginalized with the 4 team playoff as it is. College football will be unrecognizable in 10 years.
Given how much we're going to online education for things nowadays (and thus needing far fewer professors) don't be surprised if the game is completely gone within 20-25 years. Most schools (unlike Alabama or Texas) don't really make money at it save to run their schools. A lot of the lower echelon universities and schools will either consolidate or close.

Anything beyond four does render the regular season much less meaningful. As many arguments as I disagreed with krazy regarding the BCS, he's dead on right on this one.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I picked USC, only because you don't have the team that I think will actually win the Pac-12: Colorado. They are #10 (before Tuesday) and will close with 3 straight top 25 teams (WSU, Utah, Washington). Win the conference and they might be able to sneak up into the top 4 ahead of some of the teams that don't win a conference.

Biggest hurdle for them is SOS. Some of the historically good teams they beat (UCLA, Stanford) have laid eggs this year. It'll be fun to watch.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Bama, clemson, big10 (psu,michigan,or ohno) washington

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This was for the actual year-end? I voted based on this week.

Year-end at this point? Alabama, Clemson, Michigan-Ohio State winner, Washington
That would require Washington to win out, and I really don't think they can do that. In fact, I'm not sure they'll make the pac 12 championship.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Well, it won't let me edit the poll so write-ins are absolutely authorized :) I will say that I think the final 4 are in the poll but that is just my opinion.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
My question is who is going to win the Big10 divisions? And what happens if Ohio State doesn't even make it in their conference game? If Ohio State beats Michigan and Penn State wins their last game, Penn goes to the championship game.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
My question is who is going to win the Big10 divisions? And what happens if Ohio State doesn't even make it in their conference game? If Ohio State beats Michigan and Penn State wins their last game, Penn goes to the championship game.
I think Ohio State goes in that situation.

The committee will say: Conference championships mean a lot, until they don't.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
They are in not in my final four at this point, but OU is playing as well as anyone. The only way they have a chance of making the playoffs though is if total chaos breaks out next week.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
They are in not in my final four at this point, but OU is playing as well as anyone. The only way they have a chance of making the playoffs though is if total chaos breaks out next week.
Maybe they can play USC for the "Best Team That Could Have Been" trophy. That would be a great game and a good marketing tool.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
1) Neither of those teams is an FCS team regardless of what we might think
2) Michigan State has had Ohio State's number in recent years (e.g. they've been Ole Miss to Urban's Alabama)
3) Alabama did not exactly set the world on fire in the first half last night, either
I would take the Mocs against either of them even money.

Anything beyond four does render the regular season much less meaningful. As many arguments as I disagreed with krazy regarding the BCS, he's dead on right on this one.
I agree, but only because I feel the damage is already done. There are a couple of 3 loss teams out there with a chance, albeit slim, to be national champions. That should never happen in a world where the regular season matters.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Bama is there unless we lose two straight.

Clemson has nothing left worth mentioning on their schedule. They are in.

Mich and Ohio St are in. ESPN and Fox are both pushing this real hard...they are using Bama vs LSU 2012 as their reference. Too much money surrounding these two schools to keep them out. Sorry boys and girls.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
You don't think they beat wsu?
They're playing at state, so I'd say their best chance is 50/50. What I'd like to see is Colorado lose next week (unlikely) and USC play for the championship. The game they played against each other the other week wasn't nearly as close as the score.

Washington isn't a bad team. I'd say top 15, maybe top 10. But the marquee names this year (Stanford, Oregon) are jokes this year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.