Harsin and Auburn Drama (Auburn coaching situation talk)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Why would he? :unsure:

Seriously, you only sign something like that to get your money. If I'm not mistaken he left of his own accord and wasn't be owed anything.
They could have some leverage to make it bad for him. I go down you go down type thing. Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My understanding is that much of this started snowballing a few weeks back when Mason announced he was "stepping away from football" then at the same time word begins to circulate he is talking with Okie State. The word was Mason was unhappy with being relieved of some of his DC play calling responsibilities after the Mississippi State game. And he voiced that "displeasure" on the way out the door. Bobo and Davis could have done similarly, don't know about that. Then players start exiting, stating they have been treated "like dogs", and then a NSD where Auburn lands no one.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Her silence tells me that there is likely substance to the affair claims. If the allegations are true, she will always have the sexual harassment card to play whenever the relationship goes bad.
Or maybe she's the playa and Harsin is the fool. That storyline would fit right into the evening soap opera, "As the Barn Burns."

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
According to a caller on Finebaum (TIFWIW), who says that he is close to one of the Auburn board of trustees, Harsin wasn't who they wanted (the power brokers) and the AD is the one who hired him. They want(ed) Hugh Freeze and are close to getting it all worked out. So the rest it them trying to facilitate all this stuff to get rid of Harsin and it will be Freeze to take over. My guess is that this has not gone the way they had hoped.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
According to a caller on Finebaum (TIFWIW), who says that he is close to one of the Auburn board of trustees, Harsin wasn't who they wanted (the power brokers) and the AD is the one who hired him. They want(ed) Hugh Freeze and are close to getting it all worked out. So the rest it them trying to facilitate all this stuff to get rid of Harsin and it will be Freeze to take over. My guess is that this has not gone the way they had hoped.
I fixed your post to more reflect reality....

According to some dude without either a job or a clue but an active imagination and a Sirius subscription, he called Finebaum and after a pitch for Rogaine claimed he was close to one of the Auburn board of trustees, which is his usual pickup line at the square daintz on Sat-dy night. He says that someone else says that Harsin wasn't who the money men wanted, but the AD hired Harsin anyway. The money men wanted Hugh Freeze cause he beat Bama, and they are close to getting it all worked out. The rest of 'em just made up stuff to get rid of Harsin, and Freeze will be the next coach at Aw-bun.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
[QUOTE="bamadwain, post: 3870942, member: 31302

And usually assistant coaches have no buy outs, at least not large buy out
[/QUOTE]

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
If the affair is not true, how has she not screamed to the rafters that this is untrue? I know if I were a female and somebody started a rumor like this I would be tell anyone and everyone that this was a lie. But we have heard none of this.
Neither of us knows what it’s like to be a woman in this situation. Even when wronged by rape, it’s not as easy for women to come forward as a man might think it is.

As my NewTestament professor used to say, don’t draw any conclusions about what Jesus thought about an issue based on something he never said…

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
3 Man Front (I think) on the radio around lunch time said indications were trending toward Harsin staying. That is ideal, in every way.
Things apparently are changing again.

Honestly this is insanity. Where this ends will be a surprise at this point.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.