Heisman Trophy

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I do hope he comes back because of our “murders row” schedule of Georgia, Tennessee and LSU next year.
I don’t worry about Georgia or LSU next year. Tennessee is a huge question because you really don’t know what you are getting.

Going to Oklahoma the week prior to Auburn and going to Wisconsin probably concern me more at the moment. Yeah I know we should dunk on Whisky but it’s going to be a dang madhouse early in the year.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I don’t worry about Georgia or LSU next year. Tennessee is a huge question because you really don’t know what you are getting.

Going to Oklahoma the week prior to Auburn and going to Wisconsin probably concern me more at the moment. Yeah I know we should dunk on Whisky but it’s going to be a dang madhouse early in the year.
I guess my point is we can’t go into next years schedule without a proven QB. Even as talented as we are we could drop two or three games. Having said all that…if we go into next years schedule with a seasoned QB then I think we can win it all.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm laughing at the objections that go like this:
- he padded his stats against the also-rans (yes, everyone does this)
- he didn't have a Heisman moment (doesn't mean he wasn't the best player)
- his team lost 3 games

Interesting.

There once was a QB who:
a) played 4 big games and went 1-3
b) ran up big numbers against the also rans
c) didn't have a Heisman moment that particular year
d) his team (like Daniels) finished 3rd in their division

His name?
Tim Tebow

But sure, Colt Brennan deserved it at undefeated Hawaii....

Reactions: Con, CB4 and UAH

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
- his team lost 3 games

Interesting.

There once was a QB who:

His name?
Tim Tebow

my thing about these last two Heisman trophy winners is “who could you really give it to besides them”.

If Jayden Daniels had a Heisman moment then it was the simple fact that he scorched the best defense in the SEC and was the only reason that LSU was in that game to begin with. Georgia with all their talent on offense couldn’t do that.

It’s just one of those weird Heisman races in which the only real option is the guy that didn’t crap out in the last week of the regular season because he didn’t play.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
- his team lost 3 games

Interesting.;

There once was a QB who:

His name?
Tim Tebow

Brennen's heisman moment came against Wyoming at 2:30 am eastern time.
I actually have no idea if that is true, but the joke doesn't work otherwise.
Didn't Central Michigan's QB have similar number but had the misfortune of playing for Central Michigan?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
- his team lost 3 games

Interesting.

There once was a QB who:

His name?
Tim Tebow

His Heisman moment came against Alabama last year.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He was the sole reason that Alabama lost to LSU last year, and no one forgot about that game.
Yeah but everyone seemed to forget Tua was one of the main reasons that Alabama beat Georgia in 2017 and used the 2018 SECCG very much against him. So I really don’t think past performances matter unless it’s a returning Heisman being evaluated.

Like a previous point I made. Milroe probably is better off not making it to NYC because finalist’s usually never win the Heisman afterwards. Since 2000…. Only one previous Heisman finalist ever won a Heisman trophy later and that was Baker Mayfield.

My point is that I believe with how up and down Penix has been that he was out from the get go and the only question was Nix or Daniels. Had Nix won the PAC 12 championship then he would’ve been your winner, and since he lost it was Daniels.

Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
His Heisman moment came against Alabama last year.
I think the entire concept of a Heisman moment is the product of shallow analysis myself. Yes, everyone remembers Flutie's "Hail Mary" to beat Miami, but who remembers the Heisman moment of Rozier (the year before) or Bo Jackson (the year afterward)? Nobody, but this is a manufactured concept.

I get what you're saying, but he didn't win the Heisman last year, but yeah, I get it. Tebow is going to be remembered for that speech he gave the year after he won it, too.

I have no problem with Daniels winning it, and I hate LSU about as much as any team in CFB (which makes it a mystery how I sired only one child and he's an LSU fan, but I digress).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think the entire concept of a Heisman moment is the product of shallow analysis myself. Yes, everyone remembers Flutie's "Hail Mary" to beat Miami, but who remembers the Heisman moment of Rozier (the year before) or Bo Jackson (the year afterward)? Nobody, but this is a manufactured concept.

I get what you're saying, but he didn't win the Heisman last year, but yeah, I get it. Tebow is going to be remembered for that speech he gave the year after he won it, too.

I have no problem with Daniels winning it, and I hate LSU about as much as any team in CFB (which makes it a mystery how I sired only one child and he's an LSU fan, but I digress).

Did you or his mom drop him on his head?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Tebow really won it because of that loss @ LSU. Tebow is probably more in line with how Daniels winning it with that you only had two choices and neither of them are great. Speaking of that 2007 Heisman, it further proves that the finalist distinction is almost a kiss of death because the same guy finished 2nd in 2006 and 2007.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Brennen's heisman moment came against Wyoming at 2:30 am eastern time.
I actually have no idea if that is true, but the joke doesn't work otherwise.
Didn't Central Michigan's QB have similar number but had the misfortune of playing for Central Michigan?
Sadly, of course, Colt died two years ago from a fentanyl OD.

The reason people think this year's candidate field is weak is because nobody ever got behind anyone and declared them the obvious front-runner. And when they got on the Bo Nix bandwagon, he wasn't eve the best QB in the game.

Penix had better numbers last year than this year but finished 8th last year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads