Jalen Hurts (has learned how to play QB)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yeah, me too. Jalen has worked his tail off to be as good as he is. He has also been very fortunate in where he has played and some of the coaching he has received. I hope the Eagles win it all. For years I didn’t care for them because they didn’t have Bama players. Now they have several. They sure learn their lesson.lol
I will always be proud of Jalen and his connection to Alabama.
As much as I hated him leaving for Oklahoma, I think it did him good to spend some time there under Coach Riley, who appears to know a bit about coaching QBs. Happy for Jalen all around.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mahomes/Hurts performance in the game next weekend will determine the MVP.... Right now Hurts is the frontrunner.
The mvp race is over at the end of the regular season. Otherwise Brady would have far more than he actually does, and Rodgers and Peyton would have far fewer.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
People will never miss an opportunity to knock Alabama, and Jalen never misses an opportunity to impress.

I’ve always admired the man he is, from the moment we were introduced at that USC game. Now he’s taken the steps he needed to take to become an effective NFL quarterback. I was in the camp that thought he wouldn’t be an NFL quarterback. My thoughts weren’t out of disrespect, just a belief that he wouldn’t be able to rewrite his programming to become the necessary passer to succeed at the NFL level. I’m so glad I was wrong, this man deserves the success he’s worked so hard for.

I’ll say it again: Jalen Hurts is the type of man I strive to be more like, and the kind of man I feel comfortable using as an example to my son of how doing things the right way can work out for the best as well.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Man I love Jalen. I hope he wins the Super Bowl and gets Super Bowl MVP
Honestly I’m trying to look past the Philly part of that reality. Because their fans are by far, bar none, are the worst… absolute worst, sports fans in the country. I would actually be actively cheering for the Cowboys if Jalen was their quarterback, and I hate the Cowboys too. But good god, Philly fans just ruin the experience for me.

In a way I think my favorite outcome right now would be for the Bills to win it all but for Jalen to win SB MVP. But it’s not going to happen in the modern age… especially considering that Brady had the best SB performance of all time in SB LII and didn’t get it because they lost. But I’ll cheer for Jalen as an individual.

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
Honestly I’m trying to look past the Philly part of that reality. Because their fans are by far, bar none, are the worst… absolute worst, sports fans in the country. I would actually be actively cheering for the Cowboys if Jalen was their quarterback, and I hate the Cowboys too. But good god, Philly fans just ruin the experience for me.

In a way I think my favorite outcome right now would be for the Bills to win it all but for Jalen to win SB MVP. But it’s not going to happen in the modern age… especially considering that Brady had the best SB performance of all time in SB LII and didn’t get it because they lost. But I’ll cheer for Jalen as an individual.
I had the opportunity to work with our facility’s Finance Manager, several years ago. He was from “Philly” (as he called it) and was a huge Eagles and Phillies fan. He readily admitted that they were the worst fans in America. He said they had a court in the underground level at Veterans Stadium on football Sundays to handle unruly fans.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I had the opportunity to work with our facility’s Finance Manager, several years ago. He was from “Philly” (as he called it) and was a huge Eagles and Phillies fan. He readily admitted that they were the worst fans in America. He said they had a court in the underground level at Veterans Stadium on football Sundays to handle unruly fans.
well @selmaborntidefan and @B1GTide could probably tell you more. But from my experience… they are worse than Georgia and Boston fans.

Reactions: FaninLA and B1GTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This is absolutely true. I worked for two different companies based in Philadelphia. Went to far too many Phillies games as “corporate outings” over the years. Veterans’ Stadium had a holding cell area and a courtroom with a judge on duty.

And absolutely some of the worst fans you would find anywhere.

Last edited:

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
OMG, this is shameful and funny at the same time!

Reactions: FaninLA and Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.