Jordan Palmer on what Bama fans can expect from Milroe 2024 (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Looking back, Tommy Reese did a decent job as OC, but dadgummit the center stunk on ice all year long. And the center QB exchange happens on every play. Man, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to a year and a half ago, take the center into his back yard and have him snap 1,000 perfect snaps into a tire swing every day until he could not get it wrong. That is so fundamental to football that the player who has that many bad snaps simply cannot play center. Period. That cannot happen.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Looking back, Tommy Reese did a decent job as OC, but dadgummit the center stunk on ice all year long. And the center QB exchange happens on every play. Man, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to a year and a half ago, take the center into his back yard and have him snap 1,000 perfect snaps into a tire swing every day until he could not get it wrong. That is so fundamental to football that the player who has that many bad snaps simply cannot play center. Period. That cannot happen.
I don’t disagree. But the telling thing to me was that the coaches thought that McLaughlin, even with flaws Ray Charles could see, was our best option.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I'll tell you what: watch OSU this coming season and see how many bad snaps he has and go back and watch with BY and see how many bad snaps he had. Sure, there were some bad snaps when BY was qb and there will be some this season when he plays for OSU. But compare that to last season and then see whether or not you think it was ALL on the center.

And to this video, if JM doesn't get off the hype train and start working on what really needs to be worked on instead of showing up for a 3:30 am physical workout and then going on his PR tour we're gonna see much the same from him this year as last year only it will look worse because every defense out there will cover deep and play zone underneath and pressure him and force sacks and mistakes.

Now, I don't care who qb1 is as long as qb1 does what needs to be done to lead the team.
I'm tired of the popularity contest. Let the best PLAYER play. And being able to sling a ball 80 yards down the field or run fast in a straight line doesn't make you the best.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
All I saw on the 1st play he highlights is a WIDE OPEN receiver on a shallow crossing route that he apparently never sees OR he ignores to throw the more risky over the top play. That's JM 2023 in a nutshell.

If he's that same QB in 2024 he's not winning the Heisman.

That's the million-dollar question for him. Can he learn to see wide open guys 10 yards in front of him and can he throw it accurately to them. If we think teams tried to take away the deep stuff last year, what do you think they'll do this year???

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
BTW, watching this for the second time. JM drops the snap that's a little right but is about waist high. This particular snap (1st play) was NOT at his ankles.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamajas

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I don’t disagree. But the telling thing to me was that the coaches thought that McLaughlin, even with flaws Ray Charles could see, was our best option.
I'd still argue a portion of those snap issues were on Milroe, but most here put all the responsibility on Seth.

There's a reason his body language was so bad towards the end of the Michigan game.

Guess we'll see how he does at Ohio State.

Easttexastide

Sep 10, 2023
After a game JM said the snap issues were on him. At the time I thought he was just taking up for his center. More it goes on I see some truth to it. We will go as far as he takes us. I'm worried because I think the things he does can't be coach into or out of him. What scares me more is he is a super intelligent kid but sometimes decisions he makes are questionable. You can't question his work ethic or his being a leader and a good teammate. All that to say I hope he proves me wrong.
Watch or listen to his hour long interview on bussing with the boys. It's all there you can't help but be drawn to him and want him to succeed he is as squared away and focus as you can get.

Easttexastide

Sep 10, 2023
It was just one of the many things that made this the most frustrating Alabama season since the Mike Shula days.

But I agree that is was not just all on SM.
Agreed most frustrating because I think we were good despite JM not because of him.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wow..SEC champions, a playoff berth, and a final record of 12-2..

We. Are. Spoiled.
Context.

We had the most Talented team in the Country and the GOAT as our HC and for the most part we Slopped around the field every week and could not play consistently from Half to Half, Quarter to Quarter, or even Drive to Drive.

So much Talent was squandered because we were handcuffed on Offense by the QB Position which also watered down the Playbook and Playcalling.

We were carried by CKS on Defense and the All-time NCAA Points Scorer at K and some timely clutch plays by a few WR's and RB's.

The Play on the Field was not up the the 'Bama Standard' that CNS established over 17 years.

If you wanna talk about a Bama team of mostly 2-3 Stars with a sprinkling of 4 Stars and Zero 5-Stars coached by a Dubose or Shula or Fran etc overachieving and going 12-2 with an SEC Championship and people complaining about it then yeah that would be spoiled.

This was not that.

We barely beat a 7-6 Aggie team, a 4-8 Arky, needed a MIRACLE to Barely beat a borderline Horrific AU team who basically didn't even have a passing QB.

I mean we did stop UGA from becoming a full on Dynasty but let's not kid ourselves it was due in large part to Kirby somehow playing the absolutely most bone headed Defense against MIlroe.....and still we barely got out with the 3 point win.

We BARELY even made the Playoffs because we had dropped so far in the rankings from public perception and F$U lost their MVP allowing us to slip in at #4 by a razor margin.

We CHOKED against Mich and let them go on a final 14-0 run in the last 5 mins + OT

CNS (who even now visibly misses the game) hung it up because of these dudes.

He's the Best to ever do this and maybe at any level of Football and he basically said 'I can't even w/ these guys... I'm done'.

I will not be Gas-lit over that 2023 Team.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Context.

We had the most Talented team in the Country and the GOAT as our HC and for the most part we Slopped around the field every week and could not play consistently from Half to Half, Quarter to Quarter, or even Drive to Drive.

So much Talent was squandered because we were handcuffed on Offense by the QB Position which also watered down the Playbook and Playcalling.

We were carried by CKS on Defense and the All-time NCAA Points Scorer at K and some timely clutch plays by a few WR's and RB's.

The Play on the Field was not up the the 'Bama Standard' that CNS established over 17 years.

If you wanna talk about a Bama team of mostly 2-3 Stars with a sprinkling of 4 Stars and Zero 5-Stars coached by a Dubose or Shula or Fran etc overachieving and going 12-2 with an SEC Championship and people complaining about it then yeah that would be spoiled.

This was not that.

We barely beat a 7-6 Aggie team, a 4-8 Arky, needed a MIRACLE to Barely beat a borderline Horrific AU team who basically didn't even have a passing QB.

I mean we did stop UGA from becoming a full on Dynasty but let's not kid ourselves it was due in large part to Kirby somehow playing the absolutely most bone headed Defense against MIlroe.....and still we barely got out with the 3 point win.

We BARELY even made the Playoffs because we had dropped so far in the rankings from public perception and F$U lost their MVP allowing us to slip in at #4 by a razor margin.

We CHOKED against Mich and let them go on a final 14-0 run in the last 5 mins + OT

He's the Best to ever do this and maybe at any level of Football and he basically said 'I can't even w/ these guys... I'm done'.

Sums it up, and people want the ringleader back for another go at it as well.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Context.

This was not that.

THANK YOU.

I don't understand how anyone can't see those cogent points???

It reminds me of a recent intro to a morning news show when the video they were playing was a tornado ripping thru a community and the voice over said "Possible tornado does damage to a community."

It's not "possible" when you see it! Last year was not possibly a great season when you watched how it unfolded.

It reminds me of a insta selfie where a girl get glamorized for one pic, but you've actually seen what she really looks like. But we believe the insta because that's what people praise.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And to this video, if JM doesn't get off the hype train and start working on what really needs to be worked on instead of showing up for a 3:30 am physical workout and then going on his PR tour we're gonna see much the same from him this year as last year only it will look worse because every defense out there will cover deep and play zone underneath and pressure him and force sacks and mistakes.
Can you please send me his daily schedule? I would like to see what he does all day every day also :rolleyes:.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Cruloc

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Reading some of the posts here makes one question whether Jordan Palmer has any idea what he’s talking about regarding the QB position.

Or maybe he’s just pumping up one of his clients in order to stump for his QB business.

But there’s no way on earth he honestly believes what he said in that video about Milroe’s prospects for the upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads