Josh Pate on Biggest SEC takeaways and questions post spring (video)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
LOL - He lost me at Ole Miss winning because of DEFENSE.

If Pate's right about us having a bunch of close games - "reeks of a schedule of a bunch of 1 possession games" - I don't like the sound of that unless our QB play is much, much improved.

Reactions: dathbama and TD7

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

If Pate's right about us having a bunch of close games - "reeks of a schedule of a bunch of 1 possession games" - I don't like the sound of that unless our QB play is much, much improved.
I know we are getting a kicker from the portal but in a close game I am very concerned about the kicker. I don’t have much confidence based on what I saw in the spring.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know we are getting a kicker from the portal but in a close game I am very concerned about the kicker. I don’t have much confidence based on what I saw in the spring.
Kicker we got will be really good IMO. Can a team down by 4 to 7 points on a last possession drive the field and win?

BTW, IMO, 4th and 31 doesn't inspire confidence in that answer.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and Cruloc

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We got a Kicker because of what you saw in the Spring.

Oh and it's not just a Kicker... it's last years Groza Winner.

It might now be the position with the least amount of cause for concern.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ole Miss’s defense will be very good this year. Their schedule is monumentally easier than it normally is. They will be a playoff contender IMO.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads