BREAKING Kevin Steele hired as DC

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is Bad... REAL BAD.

We needed a Homerun from one of these hires and especially on Defense.

I'd call OC a Double with potential to be a Triple or Homerun but it's wait and see.

But Kevin Steele for DC?

This is like a check swing bunt single.

My god how do we not get either Leonhard or Schumann.

What a Disaster.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
This is Bad... REAL BAD.

We needed a Homerun from one of these hires and especially on Defense.

I'd call OC a Double with potential to be a Triple or Homerun but it's wait and see.

But Kevin Steele for DC?

This is like a check swing bunt single.

My god how do we not get either Leonhard or Schumann.

What a Disaster.
We completely whiffed with the DC search, plain and simple. If we don’t hire Pruitt as an analyst, then Saban has lost it…

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Pruitt is available. Leonhard is available. This is anything but a good hire, I don’t care what extenuating circumstances there are.
Pruitt wasn’t going to be hired… especially with how Alabama’s basketball team is doing now. It was never going to happen.

Leonhard… his screwy contract mixed with NFL openings I don’t know if saban was going to wait much longer. But yeah he was probably the best realistically available.

Steele isn’t a bad hire and he understands Saban’s defenses. Something we really need.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s funny how for 5 years I’ve heard nothing but “fire Golding” and then we are finally rid of him and the board looks like it’s on a near meltdown minutes after we find out his replacement.

Really need to give it a chance. Sure it’s not what most wanted, but none of us on here have won 7 national championships either. Sure it may be a horrible ride, but it also may look like the sark and kiffin hired threads too. We won’t know until the fall. Let’s get ready for spring and be happy Saban didn’t hire a DC for an OC like Belichick.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Look time will tell. I'm underwhelmed but Saban is going to get the benefit of the doubt from me. He clearly has an idea of where he wants to go with this team and we'll see what happens soon enough

Reactions: Padreruf

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads