Kirk Herbstreit apparently threatened to quit Gameday if Mcafee left

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you haven’t heard it, earlier in the season Mcafee was mulling over quitting after this season after the negative backlash of many college football fans but apparently Herbie said he would leave if Mcafee did. So Mcafee is officially coming back

Had they lost Herbie then the program would officially be dead. I think Gameday might be dead anyways but Mcafee might be only possible way to potentially save it with the massive decline in Corso and the lack of compelling content and talent surrounding the product.

Like or hate Mcafee he does give Gameday an energy that they have been lacking for over 5 years.

The troll job on the Dawgs last week was epic.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
If you haven’t heard it, earlier in the season Mcafee was mulling over quitting after this season after the negative backlash of many college football fans but apparently Herbie said he would leave if Mcafee did. So Mcafee is officially coming back

Had they lost Herbie then the program would officially be dead. I think Gameday might be dead anyways but Mcafee might be only possible way to potentially save it with the massive decline in Corso and the lack of compelling content and talent surrounding the product.

Like or hate Mcafee he does give Gameday an energy that they have been lacking for over 5 years.

The troll job on the Dawgs last week was epic.

I was watching something with Herbstreit and McAfee the other day where they said Game Day has actually been breaking their viewership records the last 2 years. So while the perception from the old curmudgeons might be that Game Day is "dying," it seems like the opposite might actually be true...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
College Game Day could go the way of "The Sports Reporters," Roller Games on ESPN, or Australian Rules Football (IYKYK), and I wouldn't miss it any more than I miss 100 other things that have had their day in the sun like a 75-year old former sunglasses model in a red Ferrari.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know he left the network and yes, he did great stories, but if Tom Rinaldi shows up to your house to do a profile, you're either dead, in a wheelchair, or the person who is still alive and has survivor's guilt because someone else is dead or in a wheelchair because of you.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I have no problem with PMcA. He brought some life back to the show and has folks talking about it. That's his job. What I don't get is the guy who replaced Bear. A blind squirrel can make more correct picks.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have no problem with PMcA. He brought some life back to the show and has folks talking about it. That's his job. What I don't get is the guy who replaced Bear. A blind squirrel can make more correct picks.
Stanford Steve doesn’t have a clue, I thought he was a sidekick on the Regular Guys Show, anyway, I wonder what Larry Wachs is doing these days anyway.🤣🤣 Changing Gears, I do miss Maria Taylor, she was a class act, and easy to look at. I didn’t care much for Pollack the last couple of years, he could not remain objective. I loved him as a player , but there is a reason he still doesn’t have a job.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Since I no longer watch Game Day I really don't care who leaves or stays. I will say this though, when Herbstreit and Fowler call a game I have to engage the Mute button.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Stanford Steve doesn’t have a clue, I thought he was a sidekick on the Regular Guys Show, anyway, I wonder what Larry Wachs is doing these days anyway.🤣🤣 Changing Gears, I do miss Maria Taylor, she was a class act, and easy to look at. I didn’t care much for Pollack the last couple of years, he could not remain objective. I loved him as a player , but there is a reason he still doesn’t have a job.
That is who he reminds me of. I could not figure it out. Freaking Southside Steve.

• Haha
Reactions: AngeloToad

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't have strong feelings on any of them. I don't watch much game day. I don't think I ever watch it start to finish but I do turn it on for the picks sometimes.

I think Pat is fine sometimes good sometimes a little much but whatever.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
One thing about Pat Mcafee that gets lost. Although he was a kicker in the NFL, he knows football, and can break down game film. I started watching his show because of Nick, and came away impressed with his football IQ.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I was watching something with Herbstreit and McAfee the other day where they said Game Day has actually been breaking their viewership records the last 2 years. So while the perception from the old curmudgeons might be that Game Day is "dying," it seems like the opposite might actually be true...
Yeah well, Deion Sanders has fans too..

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I know he left the network and yes, he did great stories, but if Tom Rinaldi shows up to your house to do a profile, you're either dead, in a wheelchair, or the person who is still alive and has survivor's guilt because someone else is dead or in a wheelchair because of you.
I heard that Rinaldi will be profiling D.A.Baxter in the coming weeks. Your name comes up frequently.

• Haha
Reactions: TideFan in AU

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads