Link: Labour Party wants to eliminate private schools (England politics)

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Sounds good to me.
You’re ok with the government seizing private property and employees and just reassigning them at the government’s whim? You’re ok with removing a parent’s choice to spend their money on educating their children how they see fit?

This looks very Orwellian to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
You’re ok with the government seizing private property and employees and just reassigning them at the government’s whim? You’re ok with removing a parent’s choice to spend their money on educating their children how they see fit?

You must be new here.

Government overreach and the rubes that like it:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
that is excessive

I'd be fine with taking away tax breaks, you can afford private fine but it shouldn't be government subsidized and I'd be OK with minimum standards. I have no issue with private education but I do with a significant percentage of the population learning complete BS. In the UK as here in many States you can teach complete lies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Counterpoint: eat the rich

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
that is excessive

I'd be fine with taking away tax breaks, you can afford private fine but it shouldn't be government subsidized and I'd be OK with minimum standards. I have no issue with private education but I do with a significant percentage of the population learning complete BS. In the UK as here in many States you can teach complete lies.
My eleven year old daughter is home schooled. She still has to pass standardized tests. If you can afford it, it's a vastly superior form of education. My daughter is reading classics, doing algebra, studying archaeology, birds, reading a series of 13 novels (she's on number 12), etc. Except for the reading, she gets all this done before noon every day.

I was bored in school. Our class advanced at the rate of the poor students, consequently I day dreamed a lot in school. My daughter is much more focused so she also has time for competitive gymnastics, dance, and violin. We don't push her on anything. It's a sample size of one, but I'm convinced that for my daughter this is a much better form of education.

I'm not getting a tax break.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
JMO, but I think the Brits have bigger fish to fry right now,
So Brittish politicians are just like American politicians. They distract from the large issue they do not want to face by keeping the public focused on an issue that they would prefer to deal with.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My eleven year old daughter is home schooled. She still has to pass standardized tests. If you can afford it, it's a vastly superior form of education. My daughter is reading classics, doing algebra, studying archaeology, birds, reading a series of 13 novels (she's on number 12), etc. Except for the reading, she gets all this done before noon every day.

I was bored in school. Our class advanced at the rate of the poor students, consequently I day dreamed a lot in school. My daughter is much more focused so she also has time for competitive gymnastics, dance, and violin. We don't push her on anything. It's a sample size of one, but I'm convinced that for my daughter this is a much better form of education.

I'm not getting a tax break.

I'll expand your sample size. Both of mine were/are home schooled as well. Actually my daughter asked and did one semester of public school and realized what we already knew that it was a waste of time. Son has a year before he goes dual enrollment home school and college. My daughter did and just started her freshman year but will be a Jr after her first semester based on credit hours. She can graduate undergrad by 20 taking a normal course load. I agree completely with you I didn't want them moving at the slowest kids speed and being bored out of their mind in High School like I was

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.