LastPass Issues Update on Data Breach, But Users Should Still Change Passwords

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Forget changing passwords, you need to change your PW manager. BitWarden FTW.
On Dec. 22, LastPass CEO Karim Toubba acknowledged in a blog post that a security incident the company first disclosed in August eventually paved the way for an "unauthorized party" to steal customer account information and sensitive vault data. The breach is the latest in a lengthy and troubling string of security incidents involving LastPass, which date back to 2011.

It's also the most alarming.

The unauthorized party was able to gain access to unencrypted customer account information like LastPass usernames, company names, billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and IP addresses, according to Toubba. That same unauthorized party was also able to steal customer vault data, which includes unencrypted data like website URLs as well as encrypted data like the usernames and passwords for all the sites that LastPass users have stored in their vaults.
LastPass Issues Update on Data Breach, But Users Should Still Change Passwords

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I use 1Password. It's not free, but it's pretty nice and highly rated. I have the family plan so everyone in the house has a way to keep up with their passwords. I think it's about $60/year for unlimited devices.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I use 1Password. It's not free, but it's pretty nice and highly rated. I have the family plan so everyone in the house has a way to keep up with their passwords. I think it's about $60/year for unlimited devices.
I use the same and also have the family plan. I have trained my kids how to use it but the wife is still being stubborn. I switched from LastPass about 4 years ago, so glad I did now. I don't understand why anyone would stick with LastPass, they should be a dead company. Password managers have 1 job, keep your passwords safe and they failed. People should not reward them with continued subscriptions.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We had to learn to use a sliderule my freshman year. The TI 50 and HP 35 (reverse Polish notation) came out around that time and the sliderule went into the attic.
And, boy did engineers get addicted to the TI. When we started Digital Engineering, we outfitted them all with computers, the old CP/M OS, but they used the TI instead...

Reactions: TexasBama

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
And, boy did engineers get addicted to the TI. When we started Digital Engineering, we outfitted them all with computers, the old CP/M OS, but they used the TI instead...
Back then, a TI 50 was about $ 175, which would be about $ 700 today. And you can get a TI 50 clone on Amazon now for $ 13. I ponied up and bought one my Junior year with some summer earnings.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Back then, a TI 50 was about $ 175, which would be about $ 700 today. And you can get a TI 50 clone on Amazon now for $ 13. I ponied up and bought one my Junior year with some summer earnings.
Thing was that we were trying to build the company around our radiation aging and decay data base. Rather than let the computer automatically do the work, they'd pull the data off the computer and make the calculations on their TIs...

• Haha
Reactions: TexasBama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.