Lines for Week 5 (2023) Games of Note

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Well, I don't know how easy. Georgia has yet to cover this season even though they've played 3 cupcakes + South Carolina, all at home.
not only that, this version of Georgia, unlike last year's team, have started out very slowly in the first half in their 4 games before blowing out these cupcakes. I don't think they can afford to do it against better competition coming up.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Meh, I hope Georgia curb stomps Auburn, there, I said it.

What's the Notre Dame at Duke line? I'd imagine Notre Dame is favored, but they may come out flat.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Before the season I saw this as Georgia's potential loss. After seeing how just god awful Auburn was vs aTm I dont think even the home crowd will help. If this was later in the year then maybe, and I honestly didnt see why Auburn wanted this game to be moved to October given how well they do in the later part of the year.
I need to watch the Auburn vs A&M game. My auburn drinking buddy texted me after the game and was like "yeah we are going 4-8 this year". But I have seen Auburn be left for dead before. So I am not shoveling any dirt just yet.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
same here. people that don't live here don't get it
Barn fans are in their own category, but Dawg fans beat them by 10 miles in rudeness, hate, and just generally insufferableness. All weekend I've seen the meme of Kirby has the most wins in some category. Don't remember what now.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Barn fans are in their own category, but Dawg fans beat them by 10 miles in rudeness, hate, and just generally insufferableness. All weekend I've seen the meme of Kirby has the most wins in some category. Don't remember what now.
Could only be wins in the past few years. I mean they haven't lost a game since we beat them in the SECCG in 2021 and they were undefeated coming into that one.

Reactions: RTR2u

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Could only be wins in the past few years. I mean they haven't lost a game since we beat them in the SECCG in 2021 and they were undefeated coming into that one.
It was something to do with a record. Saban is now #3 and Kirby is #1 in whatever it was. Georgia and South Carolina should swap mascots because UGA sure does crow a lot.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It was something to do with a record. Saban is now #3 and Kirby is #1 in whatever it was. Georgia and South Carolina should swap mascots because UGA sure does crow a lot.
Kirby coached his 100th game at UGA and his record is now the best of any SEC coach during their first 100 games at a school. Kirby is 85-15 through 100 games at UGA. Saban was 84-16 through his first 100 at Bama. Saban's time at LSU does not count because he didn't coach 100 games there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTR2u

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I was going to pick the beavers to pull an upset, but I guess that is pointless
Oregon State has been playing good ball. Their Clemson QB is playing much better out there than he did at Clemson. They just lost to Washington State, but made a substantial comeback, just came up short.

Utah is struggling to score with their backup QB, but their defense played great vs UCLA.

Oregon State has the better QB in this game....gonna be tough for the Utes to beat the Beavers.

Reactions: ALA2262

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I will start the upsets pick thread tomorrow. Picking Florida as an upset pick over kentucky is really weird to me and I need to sleep on it.

It is a good slate of games, but it sucks that our game is really late.
You might want to look at Boise State-Memphis. Jeanty will run all over Memphis.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads