JessN: MIAMI WRAP-UP: Bama razes Canes, but isn’t a complete team yet

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Miami wrap-up: Bama razes Canes, but isn’t a complete team yet
By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

It would be somewhat of a curious comment to say that a team that rolled up 501 yards against a decent FBS defense didn’t possess a complete offensive package, but in Alabama’s case, it would be an accurate statement.

And that should make you wonder just how dominant this team will be when it gets all of its offensive parts turning in the same direction.

CONTINUE READING

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
Geat article as usual.

I am sad about losing Chris Allen, who is a great player. The strange thing is that our linebackers appear to be just so good and just so deep that imo we should be ok.

I noticed that when Sanders came in he was put primarily in coverage while Allen of course would often blitz. Sanders surprised me with his speed. He reminds me more of an NFL LB than one for the Tide, but I think that he will be great. I have to watch the game again but it semed to me that his coverage was excellent. Also, don't they have at least one 5 star behind Sanders?

This LB group is the best I have ever seen on any team, and this includes the Reuben Foster/ Ryan Anderson crew. Never have I seen depth like this. They might have as many as 8 future NFL players. Unbelieveable.

The OL will come around, or so I suspect.

Again, great job and thank you.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UAH and Windsortide

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks, as always, Jess. Great analysis. I always look forward to your take on the game I watched. I am so looking forward to see how this team grows. I just pray for no more season-ending injuries. I hate it especially for Chris Allen. He is a special player and has been through so much.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
With Allen out(devastating loss) someone has to step up, until someone does they'll double Anderson
Big loss no doubt but Chris Braswell has serious talent. Chris Allen won’t let them hang there head or feel sorry for him. Hopefully he can get back in like Waddle did. Praying for a super speedy recovery!!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Anyone else wish we could just play the scout team next week. Two words….cut blocks. I’d make that a damn condition for scheduling teams from FCS. Want a check? No cut blocks.
It’s not something I’m looking forward to. I may be in the minority but I look forward to the day these games are no longer on the schedule.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It’s not something I’m looking forward to. I may be in the minority but I look forward to the day these games are no longer on the schedule.
To me it’s like The NFL Preseason in that it’s just and irrelevant game that’s ONLY about money and a great way to lose a player for the year. Once Tejas and OU join these games will be gone and I for one won’t miss them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Anyone else wish we could just play the scout team next week. Two words….cut blocks. I’d make that a damn condition for scheduling teams from FCS. Want a check? No cut blocks.
Avoiding injuries and another opportunity for the O line to gel more are about the only positives that can come from these types of games. IMHO of course.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads