Michigan doesn't respect this Alabama team

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One of the ESPN guys said that before the championship game, Michigan, though a program with a ton of fans and a lot of recognizable names, has never been one of the great football programs "like Alabama". The last outright national title they won (before Monday) *was in the 1950's. I can't remember who they "shared" the NC with back in 1997. Their great Bo Schembechler never won a national title. So in reality, Jim Harbaugh is the only coach that has put them on the map with the modern-day great programs and odds are he's about to bolt to the NFL. But even still, it is only ONE NC compared to Bama's 6 since 2009.

*Correction, the 40's
They shared their 1997 title with Nebraska. That was the year that Nebraska literally kicked a pass to win a game vs Mizzou.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You know, that might explain some of the odd behaviors we've seen over the years.
I know someone that knows Derek Mason. Mason told him one time when the subject of Jim Harbaugh came up that Harbaugh was probably the most fun coach to ever be around and being the weirdest. Mason told him a story that one time Harbaugh was having a conversation during practice about movies and got on what was showing in theaters at the time and said “I’ve been wanting to see that” and cut practice for everyone to have family time to go to the movies.

From Mason divulged is that Harbaugh believes a lot in off field matters in terms of healthy coaching family life and player mental health, and will find excuses to get out of work when he feels that they have done enough to prepare. But he has never been great with press and administrators in his entire career.

Basically he isn’t the typical college football coach.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I know someone that knows Derek Mason. Mason told him one time when the subject of Jim Harbaugh came up that Harbaugh was probably the most fun coach to ever be around and being the weirdest. Mason told him a story that one time Harbaugh was having a conversation during practice about movies and got on what was showing in theaters at the time and said “I’ve been wanting to see that” and cut practice for everyone to have family time to go to the movies.

From Mason divulged is that Harbaugh believes a lot in off field matters in terms of healthy coaching family life and player mental health, and will find excuses to get out of work when he feels that they have done enough to prepare. But he has never been great with press and administrators in his entire career.

Basically he isn’t the typical college football coach.
I know it’s not a popular opinion here but I’m not gonna lie, until this cheating scandal I had a good amount of respect for Jim Harbaugh.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.