NCAA Portal Talk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
And what about the NCAA? They have a wonderful record of pro-activity and consistent enforcement of well-defined rules.

As much as I hate both options, I think this chaos will be resolved one of two ways:
1. There will be federal legislation, or
2. There will be a CFB players‘ union negotiating all this stuff with owners, aka college presidents.

Personally, I think #2 is more likely, and put the over / under at 2 years.

How do you see it resolved?
If 2 happens, CFB will be over very quickly. The perennial have-nots players will be wanting the same payday the blue bloods have. It won’t happen and can’t happen. I see the UAB’s of the world going away. Frankly when that happens, the pool of kids who get to go to school on an athletic scholarship begins to shrink with every program that is shut down.
What happens when the non revenue generating sport get involved and want their fair share too?

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
If 2 happens, CFB will be over very quickly. The perennial have-nots players will be wanting the same payday the blue bloods have. It won’t happen and can’t happen. I see the UAB’s of the world going away. Frankly when that happens, the pool of kids who get to go to school on an athletic scholarship begins to shrink with every program that is shut down.
What happens when the non revenue generating sport get involved and want their fair share too?
The debates that take place when kids stop getting scholarships are the ones that I look forward to hearing. There will be people who make all kinds of unfounded claims about fairness or racism or sexism and wonder why so many kids are no longer given the opportunity to trade their athletic skills for an education. These will be the same people who also talked about fairness and racism and sexism because student-athletes had to maintain an amateur status. Basically, they think people should be able to have their cake and eat it too. They'll blame the NCAA and universities and people who stopped watching the games; however, the carcass of the golden goose will lie at their feet. Of course, I could be wrong.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I should have clarified — my feeling about a CFB Players’ Union negotiating with college presidents includes a breakaway of 40-50 schools from the NCAA, forming an organization of like-minded programs.

My mistake for not including that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The numbers back it up. At the Louisville pro day, he was hand-timed in the 40-yard dash at 4.19 seconds and officially clocked at 4.24. The record at the NFL combine is 4.22.

Hardwick said in their discussions every week that he and Harrell talk about wanting him to be one of the fastest in the 40.

We want to run low 4.1s,” Hardwick said. “That’s our goal.
😮

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Former 5 star RB demarcus bowman who committed to clemson and then transferred to Florida, is now in the portal again

Last edited:
  • Facepalm
Reactions: seebell

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Reactions: deliveryman35

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.