Need some help on NCAA 06 from the gurus!

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
Hey I've recently purchased NCAA 06 and have been attempting to play online with my XBOX. I've found it exceedingly frustrating on the defensive side of the ball. No matter what defense I put out there it seems that I can not stop trick plays (running in passing formations). What is the best defense to pick against a strong running team that likes to hit the outside and runs the option like there is no tomorrow? What about a scrambling qb?
Also what is the best play book to run on offense? Thanks in advance!

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
If you look carefully some people will line up a FS or some other fast guy at QB. Then they will run the option constantly out of the shotgun.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I've found that the 4-2-5 defense works pretty well in those situations. It provides support for the pass and also the run if you choose the right plays. One good way to stop an option QB is to get in a 4-2-5 and spy both safeties. There is at least one play under the 4-2-5 that allows you to do that. Another way is to blitz the outside linebackers, as long you don't do it so much that the other player makes adjustments. By blitzing from the outside you can tear up the option in the backfield before it gets started. You may need to go to a 4-4 defense to do that. The 4-4 puts 8 men in the box and does a good job of covering the outside and the middle at the same time. However, if you stay in a 4-4 all the time, your opponent will likely try to pass some to spread you back out, so it's a good idea to drop a LB or two back sometimes just to keep your opponent honest. At times the 5-2 works well also if you have an opponent that runs the ball the majority of the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.