Alabama: Nick Saban Feels 'Really Good' About QB Tyler Buchner's Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was researching this new mantra the players have chosen "Lank". It just happens that "81usaf92" used it in a post back in September . Terrion Arnold is credited from using the phrase the first time in regards to this years team.

Truth be told I had never heard in used other than in the work "Lanky", also I am not an english major and so forgive me if the syntax of my sentences is incorrect.

It sppears the "81usaf92" post he made a very astute post about Jalen Milroe. Well the kid did turn it around, and grew into our starting quarterback. I do not think Terrion was dissing the Bama fan base but the media. I think many seasoned Bama fans have a lot more knowledge of the game thatn 90% of these internet and blog posters will ever know ( thats just my personal bias).

Since its a slow rainy Sunday and I was curious to what LANK meant in regards to this team I thought I would do a big of research.

Sep 4, 2023 — It's called LANK. “LANK means let all naysayers know,” Arnold explained. “... It's kind of like everybody disrespecting us and everybody ... You can even purchase T-shirts with LANK inscribed with the acronym. I wont soon forget it and I hope neither will this team. RTR
1) I hope this puts to bed the idea that I delete my posts because it’s obvious here that I don’t.

2) LANK was first used at media days or something in between. I actually forget because it was leaking out to the local media and they were asking about it. But it started to explode after the MTSU game and then kinda died for a little bit until the LSU game. Kinda weird right?

But alot of “Lank” was already on numerous Bama players social media pages in early August. So it existed internally well before it came out.

3) I really still don’t like the acronym. Lanky is really not a positive distinction. But hey… if it works for them fine. My issue is and has always been that no one was pushing this after the Texas, USF, Ole Miss, and Arkansas games like they were after the MTSU, LSU, and Georgia games. So let’s stop acting like everyone was buying shirts after week 2 and knew that we were going to be without multiple losses as well.

4) I’m happy Milroe and the team made the turnaround. I really didn’t see it coming to this extent. But I’m happy to be wrong about it.

At the scrimmage Milroe was the worst quarterback by far and the Texas game did seem to say that the scrimmages were showing the truth. Whether there were tweaks that the coaches did, Milroe got more confidence, or a combination of the two it led to probably the best turnaround stories ever.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
1) I hope this puts to bed the idea that I delete my posts because it’s obvious here that I don’t.

2) LANK was first used at media days or something in between. I actually forget because it was leaking out to the local media and they were asking about it. But it started to explode after the MTSU game and then kinda died for a little bit until the LSU game. Kinda weird right?

But alot of “Lank” was already on numerous Bama players social media pages in early August. So it existed internally well before it came out.

3) I really still don’t like the acronym. Lanky is really not a positive distinction. But hey… if it works for them fine. My issue is and has always been that no one was pushing this after the Texas, USF, Ole Miss, and Arkansas games like they were after the MTSU, LSU, and Georgia games. So let’s stop acting like everyone was buying shirts after week 2 and knew that we were going to be without multiple losses as well.

4) I’m happy Milroe and the team made the turnaround. I really didn’t see it coming to this extent. But I’m happy to be wrong about it.

At the scrimmage Milroe was the worst quarterback by far and the Texas game did seem to say that the scrimmages were showing the truth. Whether there were tweaks that the coaches did, Milroe got more confidence, or a combination of the two it led to probably the best turnaround stories ever.
I totally agree I can not stand Lank, I referenced you posts beause is was a very good post as to the status of JM at the time and his options. He chose to embrace the process and it shows. You wont see me wearing any Lank memorabilia. But I give u kudos for very astute post...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
LANK is not a big deal. If the players need to find motivation and come up with the theme to set the tone and if it benefits the players in a positive manner, then I have no issue with it. I could care less of where LANK came from, whether people likes it or not.. what's important is that it motivated the players to play better, continue to believe in themselves.... and FYI.. the LANK sales is doing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads