NL East Showdown: NY Mets@Atlanta Braves For All The Marbles

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If people didn’t think it was over in May, they surely thought it was over when the Mets took 4 of 5 in NY; but the rather than moping, the Braves turned around and won 8 in a row and 15 out of 17, including 3 of 4 from the Mets in Atlanta. They then had another 8 game winning steak and another 5 game win streak and are currently on another 7 of 8 run. All of this under pressure. This has been one of the greatest runs I can ever remember in baseball history.

And Jansen was lights out the last 2 games - not one base runner, saving all 3.

And Swanson and Olson were fabulous.
I am hoping that years from now @selmaborntidefan has to write a recap of the season.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
And of course wretched ESPN does not have the Braves on their front page or even the MLB front page. What frauds they are. If it was a NY team it would be quite different.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know but that only guarantees a tie with the head-to-head record deciding the winner. I want the Braves to end the year at least 1 game better than the Mets so their fans can't whine about "we'll we really tied for the division."
Sometimes I think the three most irritating types of people (in sports):
1) fans of teams in Texas
2) fans of teams in New York City
3) SEC fans (INCLUDING some of ours) who always blame the officials when they lose.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The Mets Reddit page is GOLD this morning:

" A whole seasons worth of work down the drain, we literally only needed to win one game… Really can’t believe we went down there and played like that. The Mets had an 8-4 series lead on the Braves with 7 to play and lost it 9-10 Brutal"

8csmtrtm6ir91 (1).png

"Embarrassing. Pathetic. Shameful.

What an absolute joke of a series. 4 extra base hits all series. 6.91 ERA from our top 3 starters. Teams were playing 2 different sports out there.

Braves fans have the right to talk all the smack they want. Their team showed up for this series. The Mets didn’t."

bi0ygn8l6ir91 (1).jpg

"Literally none of the hype and goodwill during the season matters anymore. All of the talk about a healthy team going into the playoffs. All of the talk about the final month being full of layups.

Well here we are. The team is mostly healthy. On paper the roster should be better. On paper the starting rotation should be legitimately great.

They literally killed what felt like an amazing year. I wasn't even expecting a long run with how great the Dodgers have been. I just wanted the NL East title. It was there and they just crapped the bed"

eoxTfXjB5bZrvPKK3Pz1jZ1EYQ9dAOXPCiJTi0FkPCA.png

"This series felt like every bit of a playoff series and the Mets came up short in almost every way.

The starters who are supposed to be the best rotation in baseball all came out with mediocre performances.

The offense aside from McNeil was almost non existent.

Buck puts minor league players out in big at bat situations.

This series felt poorly managed and poorly played, and if it’s any indication how we’re going to play in the post season, I don’t expect much.... "

sfsv7lhm5ir91 (1).jpg

ME RIGHT NOW:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
So the sweep gives the Braves the tie-breaker, correct? Magic number = 1?
Yep... we just have to beat the Marlins 1 time (they also just shut down Alcántara for the year) or the Mets have to drop 1 to the Nats.

It's pretty even footing too since those are the two NL East bottom dwellers and both the Braves and Mets just used their best 3 starters.

This is pretty great all the way around...

On one hand the Braves have just taken this from them...

But also...

The Mets had the easiest schedule in MLB in Sept/Oct and they straight ate concrete.

It's "Amazing"

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.