No Profanity — How many times do we go over this?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Surely such cretins should take to the challenge of employing reference and committing what they find to memory and their betterment, rather that absconding to more lax virtual locales and consequentially abrogating their duty to expand their serviceable verbiage.
Yeah, what he/she/they...perorated

Reactions: seebell

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A grawlix is acceptable still, correct?
Had to look up what a grawlix is. And yes, provided it’s a truly random string of symbols, it’s fine.

If, however, the symbols are being used as stand-ins for real letters — for example, $ in place of S, ! In place of I, or the euro symbol in place of either C or E, etc. — that’s creative use of symbols to circumvent the filters, and not acceptable.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: seebell and Con

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Surely such cretins should take to the challenge of employing reference and committing what they find to memory and their betterment, rather that absconding to more lax virtual locales and consequentially abrogating their duty to expand their serviceable verbiage.
... what a grandiloquent oration :)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
*Me opening up my Latin to English translator app*

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza and seebell

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Thanks for the hard stance. I made a conscious decision a long time ago to get in the habit of never using profanity. I've found that if people only "clean it up" in certain forums, and speak unrestrained elsewhere, profanity will invariably infiltrate all aspects of your life from time to time. I don't think it adds to the conversation or helps someone make their point in any way whatsoever.

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
*Sigh

Gets dictionary off the shelf

• Haha

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Thanks for the hard stance. I made a conscious decision a long time ago to get in the habit of never using profanity. I've found that if people only "clean it up" in certain forums, and speak unrestrained elsewhere, profanity will invariably infiltrate all aspects of your life from time to time. I don't think it adds to the conversation of helps someone make their point in any way whatsoever.
To be clear: I don't paint myself as pure on profanity in all aspects of my life. As I've said above, I use more in my own home than I should.

That's in my house. TideFans is BamaNation's house, and we're his guests. His house, his rules. I've been asked to help enforce those rules, and I will.

This whole conversation has, however, made me challenge myself to be more judicious in my own words, even in my own house. Sometimes, a well-chosen profanity gets the message across better than any other phrasing. But those times are fewer and farther between than has often been my practice. I need to be better on that.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I have visited 2 other sites since joining Tidefans. They were awful in every way. One had a thread specifically about Tidefans and how they were banned. They called us "high brow" and stuck-up. They complained that we used "big words" where they needed a dictionary to look up what we were talkjng about. Plus they complained about not being able to use foul language. I never joined their low brow site. I prefer it here.
i’m trying to figure out which fan site you were on - Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, or Texas A&M

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.