North Korea willing to accept 'complete denuclearization' without conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: North Korea willing to accept 'complete denuclearization' without conditions, Moo

Along with the Heisman Trophy!!
Strangely enough, the Heisman has in RECENT years gotten MORE prestigious at least in that they actually try to give it to the best player rather than, "Guy who
is a senior with best stats on a national title contender or Notre Dame."

But in general I agree.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: North Korea willing to accept 'complete denuclearization' without conditions, Moo

So to a degree Trump deserves some credit for this, but lets not start lining him up for the Nobel Peace Prize for it.
LOL, goodness, where did I say anything like that?

I think the man is a loon and has zero character, but that doesn't mean everything he'll ever do is wrong, despite what some people keep spouting off. Maybe blind luck, but he had something to do with this, and we appear to be a lot closer to Korean peace than we've been under any of the clowns we've elected for the last few decades...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LOL, goodness, where did I say anything like that?

I think the man is a loon and has zero character, but that doesn't mean everything he'll ever do is wrong, despite what some people keep spouting off. Maybe blind luck, but he had something to do with this, and we appear to be a lot closer to Korean peace than we've been under any of the clowns we've elected for the last few decades...
The NPP quote wasn’t directed at you it was directed at the trumpers already calling for it. I agree with most on here in that Obama achieved it for pretty much being the guy that succeeded Bush, but I think the prize loses all ounces of credibility it has left if it is given to this moron.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
If these developments eventually allow North Koreans to leave NK altogether, it'll be interesting to see how South Koreans (and other Asian countries) take them in and treat them. It is my understanding that South Koreans treat escaped North Koreans like second class citizens, but I've also never been to part of the world as well.

This feels like a legitimate development, but I'm going to wait it out.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
If these developments eventually allow North Koreans to leave NK altogether, it'll be interesting to see how South Koreans (and other Asian countries) take them in and treat them. It is my understanding that South Koreans treat escaped North Koreans like second class citizens, but I've also never been to part of the world as well.

This feels like a legitimate development, but I'm going to wait it out.
I think it has more to do with the NKs being so far removed from the modern world, most SKs don't know how to relate to them.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Kim Jong-Un met with the Chinese leader on March 27. He then met with SK President Moon Jae-In on April 27. My opinion is that China influenced and maybe threatened Kin Jong-Un into NK's current position of promoting denuclearization and unification. IDK if this is for real or to gain a more favorable world opinion of NK, time will tell. It is also my opinion that Trump's threats against NK had little influence on the current state of affairs. Trump's involvement does not bode well for a favorable outcome for either of the Koreas.

As for the Nobel Peace Prize; I do not believe Obama was deserving nor is Trump.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Kim Jong-Un met with the Chinese leader on March 27. He then met with SK President Moon Jae-In on April 27. My opinion is that China influenced and maybe threatened Kin Jong-Un into NK's current position of promoting denuclearization and unification. IDK if this is for real or to gain a more favorable world opinion of NK, time will tell. It is also my opinion that Trump's threats against NK had little influence on the current state of affairs. Trump's involvement does not bode well for a favorable outcome for either of the Koreas.

As for the Nobel Peace Prize; I do not believe Obama was deserving nor is Trump.
Trump’s threats are not what many are pointing at for the credit he deserves or doesn't deserve. It’s his stance on not funding the beast when he rattles his Sabre like his 3 predecessors have done, and getting the Chinese involved .

NK tries to make these nuclear threats in order to get the west to bargain with food and fuel for them to stop. The worst outcome the 2016 US presidential election could produce for the NKs was for a corporate white nationalist to win, and that’s what they got. Trump was never going to appease their needs, and they’ve found that out this past year. Trump also got China involved, and that hurt the NKs more. It’s forced the NKs to either cowboy up on their threats and nuclear program or come to the peace table because Kim doesn’t have that lifeline to say to his people “ look the Americans give us food and fuel because they are scared of our military might” with Trump.

I really think if we are being honest, Mattis, McMasters, and Kelly had more to do with the American strategy in this than Trump

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Obama got a Nobel Prize for nothing at all. Henry Kissinger won a peace prize too. Can't be a bigger joke than that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Obama got a Nobel Prize for nothing at all. Henry Kissinger won a peace prize too. Can't be a bigger joke than that.
Alfred Nobel was the father of modern weaponry but makes a prestigious award in the name of peace is a pretty big joke.:biggrin2:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Trump’s threats are not what many are pointing at for the credit he deserves or doesn't deserve. It’s his stance on not funding the beast when he rattles his Sabre like his 3 predecessors have done, and getting the Chinese involved .

NK tries to make these nuclear threats in order to get the west to bargain with food and fuel for them to stop. The worst outcome the 2016 US presidential election could produce for the NKs was for a corporate white nationalist to win, and that’s what they got. Trump was never going to appease their needs, and they’ve found that out this past year. Trump also got China involved, and that hurt the NKs more. It’s forced the NKs to either cowboy up on their threats and nuclear program or come to the peace table because Kim doesn’t have that lifeline to say to his people “ look the Americans give us food and fuel because they are scared of our military might” with Trump.

I really think if we are being honest, Mattis, McMasters, and Kelly had more to do with the American strategy in this than Trump
But that's how it is supposed to work. The Presidents will get credit for the successes experienced under his or her administration. Not every idea that comes from the WH originated with the President, they are supposed to listen to the experts that they have hired, and to Trump's credit, he seems to have done that.

Look, it's a tough pill to swallow but it would appear in this case that Trump's personal stance and brinksmanship and the policy built by his advisors worked very well together. The administrations deserves some credit for getting us this far.

It does not make Trump immune to other criticisms nor does it prove that he or his people have been correct about other things. We've got to walk this road of multiple truths.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
People at a Trump rally chanting 'Nobel' when trump hasn't done anything yet may be a bigger joke.
Having done business in China and Japan and understanding, at least to a minor degree, the oriental negotiation process. It appears to me that perhaps the Chinese are setting up Trump to get the US out of South Korea while giving up very little in return. Practically anyone can see that appealing to Trump's ego is the way to manipulate him.

If we think over the long term the Chinese know absolutely that if we lack the commitment to win in Iraq or Afghanistan then we certainly can't confront them in practically their own homeland. They know we are in a long decline so why have a costly confrontation with us. They will just bow, smile and watch as we hand over the keys to Asia to them. They see the inevitability of that as they operate on a twenty five year plan and we operate on a quarterly earnings report.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Having done business in China and Japan and understanding, at least to a minor degree, the oriental negotiation process. It appears to me that perhaps the Chinese are setting up Trump to get the US out of South Korea while giving up very little in return. Practically anyone can see that appealing to Trump's ego is the way to manipulate him.

If we think over the long term the Chinese know absolutely that if we lack the commitment to win in Iraq or Afghanistan then we certainly can't confront them in practically their own homeland. They know we are in a long decline so why have a costly confrontation with us. They will just bow, smile and watch as we hand over the keys to Asia to them. They see the inevitability of that as they operate on a twenty five year plan and we operate on a quarterly earnings report.
Nicely put. When did Christopher Cox write the Cox Report? It's been at least 25 yrs now hasn't it? China is kicking our teeth in ever so gently as they take all our manufacturing and flood us with crap food & opiates.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Well said. I have no hope that the current political mood in the U.S. recognizes or cares about this and it will always be politics as usual. Most of us will not be around when this country completely caves in. IIRC Krushchev made some comment in the 1960's that there was no need for war with the U.S. since it would eventually destroy itself from within. It appears that we are fast on our way.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well said. I have no hope that the current political mood in the U.S. recognizes or cares about this and it will always be politics as usual. Most of us will not be around when this country completely caves in. IIRC Krushchev made some comment in the 1960's that there was no need for war with the U.S. since it would eventually destroy itself from within. It appears that we are fast on our way.
That's a pretty safe comment since that's how most countries go these days.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It has been very interesting, seeing the world leaders who have realized that and taken advantage of it. Macron has it down to a fine art. Most of Macron's career was in investment banking, after a stint as a civil servant. He understands manipulating people. Merkel, OTOH, has the personality and approach of a typical north/east German. All you can see is mutual dislike when they're together.

Some of Macron's domestic moves have been to make French business more competitive. My daughter and her German husband recently bought a small restaurant in the Rhone Alps, in a ski area/summer hiking area near a national park. They finally bought a small creperie, so the two of them could operate it alone. (She's a lawyer and also studied cooking at the Cordon Bleu in Paris. His education is in restaurant management and he's managed three, and, in addition, he's fluent in French, German and English, so it's not as crazy as it sounds.) They really preferred a larger restaurant they looked at but eventually declined, despite the broader menu because a resident chef, female, was in place. They didn't like her and under French law at the time, firing her would have been almost impossible, or, at the very least, very, very expensive. Also, she would have had a major role in management.

Sorry to have gotten off on France. Macron plus recent family events got me started. Macron "gets" how to manage Trump. Merkel obviously doesn't and national temperament has something to do with it...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Nicely put. When did Christopher Cox write the Cox Report? It's been at least 25 yrs now hasn't it? China is kicking our teeth in ever so gently as they take all our manufacturing and flood us with crap food & opiates.
The Japanese and then the Chinese created an unlevel playing field to capture major segments of the US market. The Europeans erected artificial barriers through the EU standards commission but the US gave up essentially all of its manufacturing base with no action what so ever.

Neither Japan or China could imagine the US giving up the largest consumer economy in the
world through unfair and illegal trade practices without protest but we did! Now our protest amounts to arm waving about horses who are out of the barn and long gone.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It has been very interesting, seeing the world leaders who have realized that and taken advantage of it. Macron has it down to a fine art. Most of Macron's career was in investment banking, after a stint as a civil servant. He understands manipulating people. Merkel, OTOH, has the personality and approach of a typical north/east German. All you can see is mutual dislike when they're together.

Some of Macron's domestic moves have been to make French business more competitive. My daughter and her German husband recently bought a small restaurant in the Rhone Alps, in a ski area/summer hiking area near a national park. They finally bought a small creperie, so the two of them could operate it alone. (She's a lawyer and also studied cooking at the Cordon Bleu in Paris. His education is in restaurant management and he's managed three, and, in addition, he's fluent in French, German and English, so it's not as crazy as it sounds.) They really preferred a larger restaurant they looked at but eventually declined, despite the broader menu because a resident chef, female, was in place. They didn't like her and under French law at the time, firing her would have been almost impossible, or, at the very least, very, very expensive. Also, she would have had a major role in management.

Sorry to have gotten off on France. Macron plus recent family events got me started. Macron "gets" how to manage Trump. Merkel obviously doesn't and national temperament has something to do with it...
It is always interesting to view world events from a macro level then see how it relates in an up close and personal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.