OC and DC replacement discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't believe Grantham is the choice, but who really knows...............I certainly hope he isnt. Saban can do much better, and I know every SEC coach out there would probably love Saban to choose him..........there's a reason he isnt a DC at a major college

I tend to wonder if all these people with close sources, Low included, aren't being fed info to throw them off track
I think people need to brace themselves for disappointing hires based on the expectations that they had after getting rid of BoB and Golding.

idk if Grantham would get that elevation but it wouldn’t be a shock or a downgrade compared to what we had.

Countrytider2

1st Team
Oct 25, 2021
I think people need to brace themselves for disappointing hires based on the expectations that they had after getting rid of BoB and Golding.

idk if Grantham would get that elevation but it wouldn’t be a shock or a downgrade compared to what we had.
I’d rather have Golding over Grantham.

Neither are good so might as well have continuity.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Probably need to take a deep breath and step back from the anxiety. A lot of rumors being put out there. The only thing to do is be patient and wait for an announcement. If you don’t like the choices have at it, but wait for the choices.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hey, I scored 19 on ACT and I ended up being a successful software engineer :)
I was a lazy kid who loved Band, Dating, Drinking, I had a C- to a D average. I never studied. I barely graduated, but I made a 23 on the ACT. No one was more surprised than me. I mostly guessed my way thru the test and that got me into college.
I actually studied in college and was on the Deans List regularly.
(I generally hated Highschool and Teachers treating us like babies... But I loved College, they treated us like adults.)
Test like the ACT, SAT ect... were pretty easy to guess the right answers, once you eliminated the obvious. Before I took Psychology in college I already decided that lots of time the correct answer was a little more wordy than the obvious wrong answers.

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020
Wondering if the potential coach(es) current boss is asking them to wait until after signing day to not disrupt what they’ve got left on the recruiting board? Would Coach Saban allow that? Seems to me he probably would. :unsure:

Reactions: bamamc1

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Been there for some time now.

These hires will likely determine how Saban ends his career. I'm hopeful, but the last hires he made for OC and DC were unsatisfying, and considering how long it took CNS to determine the Gol*ing experiment wasn't working is... unnerving...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I see Pruitt possibly on staff as an analyst until the ruling on UT comes down from the NCAA. I think if Schumann or Leonhard were in the mix, we would have heard something by now. Does that mean Grantham gets to DC job by default? I would say it is a strong possibility.

The OC job is just as intriguing. I’m thinking Lebby is staying in Norman. Joe Brady most likely is either taking an NFL OC job or staying in Buffalo. Lot of names still out there but none which really “float my boat”.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderFan

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Hope y’all don’t mind me not going back 12 pages since I checked Thursday (gone all day yesterday), but what happened to the Pruitt rumors circulating this past week?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I see Pruitt possibly on staff as an analyst until we the ruling on UT comes down from the NCAA. I think if Schumann or Leonhard were in the mix, we would have heard something by now. Does that mean Grantham gets to DC job by default? I would say it is a strong possibility.

The OC job is just as intriguing. I’m thinking Lebby is staying in Norman. Joe Brady most likely is either taking an NFL OC job or staying in Buffalo. Lot of names still out there but none which really “float my boat”.
Going back to the OC conversation, I remember the flak when both Kiffin AND Sark were hired. More than a few on here were very unhappy; both had records as OC’s that were outstanding (or co-OC’s) but had bigtime failures as HC’s. I think whoever gets hired as OC will have a strong record as an OC.
DC, OTOH….Saban has only had two good ones but they were around for more than half of his time at Bama. My fear (and I hope I’m wrong) is that he has a blind spot when it comes to hiring one from outside the program; the last three all had at least a year on staff before becoming DC. This hire is more worrisome to me; I just hope it’s someone with DC experience.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Hope y’all don’t mind me not going back 12 pages since I checked Thursday (gone all day yesterday), but what happened to the Pruitt rumors circulating this past week?
Well rumors are just that…rumors. Most folks that seem to have some legitimacy (ESPN’s Chris Low for example) think there are just too many hurdles for Alabama to get JP on the field as a coach/DC. Possibly back as an analyst? Low stated the other day he doesn’t expect a ruling on UT situation/Pruitt for several months (April).

So it does seem we are back to square one.

Reactions: BamaFlum

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
One positive reason I could see of the process for DC dragging out the way it has is that we are corresponding with the NCAA on Jeremy Pruitt. Like many have said on here - if it were someone else, there is no reason for the hold up. My hope (and I'm holding on to it until otherwise) is that the University is laying out how we intend to enforce compliance and ensure Pruitt stays inbounds while here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.