Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Fifteenessee

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He's a smart guy but I swear he only talks to fill the void. Very little actual insight into the game - just saying things like "they don't have outrageous depth on the DL".
On his radio show he gives really good analysis along with Cubelic. He needs to bring that to the games.

Reactions: Con

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Bingo. I was texting the same thing in a text group during the game. Every time we hit a big play or established a tempo on offense, someone hit the deck for the Pumpkins. As was the case in the A&M game.

At some point the rules need to change to address it. How? I don’t have an answer. But it is a violation of “the spirit of competition” if nothing else.
Simple solution is they can't come back for 5 plays. ;)

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
The 28 point 4th quarter explosion was something I’ll never forget! When was the last time our team did that? This game had some similarities to our win against auburn in 2014. Just like in that one, our D was suspect at times against the no-huddle offense, but our team was clearly better and dominated the 4th quarter to get the win!

I doubt I have any original thoughts about Bryce Young and the offense in general, but I’ll post them anyway. This was his first game in a Bama uniform where he lived up to his dual threat reputation. I knew it would only be a matter of time before he learns when to tuck it and run. My favorite offensive stat of the game was going 15/20 on 3rd down. That’s how you crush the dreams of your opponent.

I didn‘t like some of the post game reaction to the win. ESPN’s College Football Final highlighted all of our major miscues. Could it be that they’re looking for any reason to say we’re not playoff material? I also don‘t understand why any fellow Bama fan would be upset by the team’s performance. This was a great win against a bitter rival no matter what their record is! I felt like playing ”What a Feeling” (that corny song from the movie Flashdance) after this one. 😀 15 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The atmosphere at BDS was electric! I didn’t partake in the cigar smoking tradition, but I was happy to aid in it by passing another fan‘s lighter on to someone who needed it. After the game was over I waited for the team to emerge from the winning locker room to celebrate on the field. I’m happy to report that the celebration was more exuberant compared to recent home wins in this series! More players participated, and they had more interactions with students and fans. Look for footage of it if you haven’t seen it.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The fifteenessee fans' continued whining about the refs is icing on the cake for me. They're literally the whiniest sore-losers I've ever seen and it gives me great pleasure to see them upset.

RTR!
Yeah, if you read their posts, they literally got cheated out of that game........ the fumble was taken away from them, the INT was a pass interference call that was missed, and Saban even kicked their dog without getting flagged

the fake injuries need to be dealt with as well

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
the fake injuries need to be dealt with as well
The question is, how? I don't know if I ever noticed it or I have gotten softer as I have grown older. This is the first year I remember thinking that players that go down more than once with an injury to the same location shouldn't be allowed back in the game. You get a chance to come back and play. If you are in enough pain that you have to get medical attention again on the field then you should not be allowed back in. As far as faking injuries, I can not think of a way to identify them, for the most part.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He's a smart guy but I swear he only talks to fill the void. Very little actual insight into the game - just saying things like "they don't have outrageous depth on the DL".
Greg needs to learn that “less is more”. There is value is allowing things to be “self evident” for the viewer.

It is a viewing “root canal” when they pair Joe Tessitore and Greg together.

“You know Greg I spent some time at breakfast with Josh Heupel this week. A very thoughtful and deliberate guy. But does things still with tempo, rhythm and pace. It was amazing watching him pour milk on his Cinnamon Toast Crunch.”

“And yes Joe, it wasn’t whole milk either. It was only 2% milk. Imagine what he’ll do when he gets whole milk. Both 2% and whole milk come from cows, one just has less fat content….”

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The question is, how?
I think we have to be very careful approaching this, as young men are often taught / driven to play through the pain, and if we penalize them for stopping to address an injury, they may simply continue to play through when they really need treatment to avoid long-term damage.

The best compromise I've seen is something along the lines of 'if you cause an injury stoppage you're ineligible until the end of that drive', though even that may well be enough to make a player try to play through it when they really need to get medical treatment.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think we have to be very careful approaching this, as young men are often taught / driven to play through the pain, and if we penalize them for stopping to address an injury, they may simply continue to play through when they really need treatment to avoid long-term damage.

The best compromise I've seen is something along the lines of 'if you cause an injury stoppage you're ineligible until the end of that drive', though even that may well be enough to make a player try to play through it when they really need to get medical treatment.
Yeah, it’s kinda hard to proceed on it, but judging by some of the videos of players standing around then suddenly falling down clutching their knees or legs I think maybe taking them off the field till the drive is done might work...... some of them are so obvious that Ray Charles can tell what’s going on

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
it’s not perfection, anyone with eyes can tell that was a sloppy game! Even Nick said at halftime we were shooting ourselves in the foot! It was a 4 point game at the start of the fourth quarter, and the defense already gave up 2 50+ yard touchdown passes. No way any fan was comfortable with the way the game was going to start the 4th qtr! This Is a forum to discuss football, but I guess some want to only focus on fuzzy bunnies and unicorns! View attachment 20023
It would probably be a safe bet to say you and others were on here telling us all how Bama wasn’t a Championship team the 4 times we won it after having a heartbreaking loss. Call it pumping sunshine or whatever you want, I will sit back and enjoy the ride. It’s not going to last forever.

I acknowledge that there is room for improvement in many areas. There are 4 more games until the showdown in ATL should we get there to fine tune and get ready. Call me crazy but I believe in Coach and Alabama. I do believe they deserve that given past results. If we lose, I will not hang my head. I understand that you can’t win a NC every year. This year is not over yet! RTR!

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It would probably be a safe bet to say you and others were on here telling us all how Bama wasn’t a Championship team the 4 times we won it after having a heartbreaking loss. Call it pumping sunshine or whatever you want, I will sit back and enjoy the ride. It’s not going to last forever.

I acknowledge that there is room for improvement in many areas. There are 4 more games until the showdown in ATL should we get there to fine tune and get ready. Call me crazy but I believe in Coach and Alabama. I do believe they deserve that given past results. If we lose, I will not hang my head. I understand that you can’t win a NC every year. This year is not over yet! RTR!
fwiw, i feel pretty good about this year's crimson tide after this weekend and going into the bye.

i also feel good about where jawjuh is sitting

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Color commentator, job #1: Make sure we don't have dead air.

So, if I'm hearing you correctly, you don't like him for doing the job he's literally paid to do???

Reactions: bamaga

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am a little surprised but we are #2 in the SEC and #15 overall in total defense allowing 308 yards/game. As bad as it has seemed at times, we just need to figure out a way to stop giving up several big plays/game due to busts on the back end.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am a little surprised but we are #2 in the SEC and #15 overall in total defense allowing 308 yards/game. As bad as it has seemed at times, we just need to figure out a way to stop giving up several big plays/game due to busts on the back end.
I couldn’t agree more

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Color commentator, job #1: Make sure we don't have dead air.

So, if I'm hearing you correctly, you don't like him for doing the job he's literally paid to do???
No, you're not reading it correctly - otherwise I'd hate all commentators.

He says stupid stuff all the time in order to simply fill the air.

Gimme something that takes actual insight into the game based on your experience. I learn nothing new from GM - at least guys like GD highlight things now and then.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll take a 28 point win any day over UcheaT so I'm very happy about that. But the 28 point win doesn't take away the problems I'm still seeing with our offense, defense, and overall inconsistent execution during games.

*I do not like the pace at which we run our offense this season. I'm not sure if it is a Bill O'Brien "thing" or what. But compared to previous seasons, the pace at which we run our offense seems like we've gone backward 10 years. We cannot get into a rhythm because every time I look up we're not getting to the line and running the next play until there are less than 5 seconds on the play clock. Very "clunky" pace.

*Bill O'Brien's playcalling is bad, it just is. Aside from a handful of plays, our passing offense has morphed into a horizontally oriented offense compared to a mix of vertical and horizontal.

*OL still has A LOT of improving to do. There are too many breakdowns and pre-snap penalties happening. The run blocking is inconsistent.

*We continue to have confusion on defense with players not being in the right position both pre-snap and post-snap. The players change but we still have the same type of issues. Draw whatever conclusion from that as you will.

*The good thing is, there really aren't any dominant teams in CFB this season, so it isn't going to take a tenfold degree of improvement for this team to be in a position to win another title.

It feels weird handing out criticism in a game that was won by 28 points. LOL!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.