Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UMO...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I said I thought the D would show up tonight; they did. Despite all the Lock supporters, Bama pretty much shut them down.
I’m not worried about the offense, either. We might lose a tad of the quick strike ability, but we may not; JH is fully capable IMO of beating everyone left on the schedule. He’s gotten that much better, better than the guy who went 26-2.
Only weakness I see is our punter; looks like Bulovas will be OK.
Now let’s show JP what the bottom side of this rivalry looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I jumped the gun with the Pyrrhic victory comment. Just seemed like we had guys dropping like flies. In hindsight, it seemed like we got dinged but nothing too serious.

Even though RD was reacting from the bush league play, that was uncalled for.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Oh please. Not unless half the offensive stars are out for a half like tonight and Bama stops seriously trying to score. Also, Tua's knee obviously kept him from pushing off on his throws from the start. Mo didn't hold Bama to 39 - it just worked out that way. Bama had 560+ yards of total offense on an "off" night. Bama beat the line on one leg. Could LSU give Bama a game, possibly, but it will be a big surprise if it is under 10 points.
I’m giving us the win in Baton Rouge and said LSU is CAPABLE of holding us under 30 points. Oh my
God what an outrage. Smh

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jalen had perhaps his best career game against Tennessee two years ago in Knoxville( think we won 49-10). I’m totally comfortable if he gets the start next week.
Last year was Butch. This year is Pruitt. Pruitt knows Jalen's game well and would do everything to force him to revert to old habits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Last year was Butch. This year is Pruitt. Pruitt knows Jalen's game well and would do everything to force him to revert to old habits.

Good point. But does he have the personnel to do it?

We should give credit to the fact that the Oline has looked a lot better in recent games. Their communication and togetherness have improved immensely which is allowing their talent to shine through.

Middle of the defense is a half step behind them. Today was a great big step forward.

Honestly though, even on plays where he had time Lock looked really really tame. He was never an issue

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Gosh, just saw some clips on on ESPN coverage of the game - the play where Tua slid and tweaked his knee, where the refs called him short of the first made my blood pressure rise. Ridiculous.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Gosh, just saw some clips on on ESPN coverage of the game - the play where Tua slid and tweaked his knee, where the refs called him short of the first made my blood pressure rise. Ridiculous.
Yah, it caused us to punt for the first time in several games...if you can count what that guy does as punting...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Good point. But does he have the personnel to do it?

We should give credit to the fact that the Oline has looked a lot better in recent games. Their communication and togetherness have improved immensely which is allowing their talent to shine through.

Middle of the defense is a half step behind them. Today was a great big step forward.

Honestly though, even on plays where he had time Lock looked really really tame. He was never an issue

Well... no.. but who knows?

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Raekwon was trying to take up for Mack Wilson, who had his leg illegally twisted by the lineman he was punching.

Not saying that was the correct behavior, but man those Mizzou thugs were trying to injure us in the trenches.
Ruggs was hurt on a rather dirty tackle. The guy had hold of his leg and rolled over while holding HR’s leg really tight, causing HR’s knee or ankle twist pretty badly.

Missouri played dirty, to my eye

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Great day of football, but I am exhausted and off to bed. Roll Tide!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What I saw was Tua taking what the defense gave him (play up, get burnt, play back we'll slant and out you to death). The offensive line began to look slightly physical in the run game, and Jalen is developing the ability to throw down the field. The defense played well and if they continue to create turnovers and affect the quarterback we should be in good shape.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I hope Tua plays if Saban thinks it's best and that he doesn't if CNS thinks that is best :).

Like many thought or were hoping, the D was very good tonight.

4 top 10 teams lost, 2, 6, 7, 8: UGA, WVU, Wash, PSU and 4 more almost lost or struggled: OSU, ND, Texas, UCF. The other 2 were Clemson who was idle and Bama who was dominant vs a team (3-2) that was about as good as the median team who won or caused trouble to the other top 10 teams. Those teams were 5-1 LSU, 2-3 Iowa State, 4-1 Oregon, 3-2 Mich State, 3-2 Minn, 3-3 Pitt, 4-2 Baylor, 4-2 Memphis.

Bama's path is looking easier by the week - assuming no catastrophic injuries. As sickening as it is to say it, Michigan may be the only one who might pose a real threat, if even they can. Of course it changes quickly :) and as we know, injuries play a big part. If OSU can heal up they could for they are very talented and have some big time coaches. Maybe they are just waiting for a challenge but something just does not seem right with them. Also, their OL seems to be a problem. The Big Ten may be a bit of a fraud - I hope so. Maybe Clemson - I doubt it.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This game stressed me out because of Mizzou playing dirty, the injuries, the refs, and our punter. I hope Tua rests next week. We really need him and Devonte Smith to be 100 percent for LSU. Ruggs too.

I’m glad Bama won ! Defense looked good tonight.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
By my count he had around 270 yds passing and 3 TD passes—which was great. We will beat LSU, I just think they will be tougher on D than Missouri—Much tougher.
LSU will be a much harder out than some think. They suffocated UGA'S offense. Dave Aranda is a very good DC with two or three elite defensive players to work with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.