Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I hope I heard him wrong but I could have sworn I heard Danielson say he was talking with BOB and asked him if he had to give a scouting report on Milroe what would be on it, and he said "He can't throw outside". Maybe someone will watch the replay and catch it.
Hurts couldn’t throw outside to save his life. Milroe will be fine.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I can’t believe Danielson said it or CBoB said it . If coach O’brien said it, he should be shown the door.
They do this sort of thing all the time. The broadcast crew meets with the staff and they get all sorts of inside info, but it’s not to share with the world. If this sort of thing was shared with Gary D, I’m not surprised. I am surprised however, that he would have blurted that out to the world. But maybe I shouldn’t be.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
They do this sort of thing all the time. The broadcast crew meets with the staff and they get all sorts of inside info, but it’s not to share with the world. If this sort of thing was shared with Gary D, I’m not surprised. I am surprised however, that he would have blurted that out to the world. But maybe I shouldn’t be.
I didn’t hear it but I wouldn’t be surprised. My only in person “observation” of Danielson’s personality was at Atlanta Hartsfield about five or six years ago. He was in one of the restaurants “holding court” with several other guys. He was snobbish, arrogant and demeaning towards the young lady waiting on him. From that point on, I’ve had nothing for him.
There is a saying “a person’s true character is revealed in how they treat those that can do nothing for them”. He revealed his character to me in that moment.
Danielson is exactly the type of guy would pop his yap without thinking twice about “was I told this in confidence?”.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Did anyone else think the 3rd down play that ended our 1st drive of the 3rd quarter should have been a 1st down? I believe it was a jet sweep to Gibbs. At the very least it should have gotten a second look. Even if it wasn’t a 1st down the spot was terrible.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
He’s a nuisance. No two ways about it. He used to broadcast the key to beating Alabama every chance he got before CNS changed the style of play. I haven’t heard an update on the keys, so I guess he hasn’t come up with any.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He’s a nuisance. No two ways about it. He used to broadcast the key to beating Alabama every chance he got before CNS changed the style of play. I haven’t heard an update on the keys, so I guess he hasn’t come up with any.
Probably because the keys are now. Bama plays its worse game and the other team gets a lot of ref help.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I didn’t hear it but I wouldn’t be surprised. My only in person “observation” of Danielson’s personality was at Atlanta Hartsfield about five or six years ago. He was in one of the restaurants “holding court” with several other guys. He was snobbish, arrogant and demeaning towards the young lady waiting on him. From that point on, I’ve had nothing for him.
There is a saying “a person’s true character is revealed in how they treat those that can do nothing for them”. He revealed his character to me in that moment.
Danielson is exactly the type of guy would pop his yap without thinking twice about “was I told this in confidence?”.
Sounds like my encounter with Tim Brando.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just heard it again on the game. It was the sideline reporter lady who said it.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Y'all got it all wrong. Danielson is a bammer. Milroe is really the best ever at throwing to the sidelines and GD is just trying to help Bama by saying he can't. GD is a card carrying member of the REC.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Did anyone else think the 3rd down play that ended our 1st drive of the 3rd quarter should have been a 1st down? I believe it was a jet sweep to Gibbs. At the very least it should have gotten a second look. Even if it wasn’t a 1st down the spot was terrible.
I re-watched it at the 11:25 mark in the 3rd quarter. Did not look like a first down to me and I think the spot was good. Gibbs had the ball in his left hand and led into the contact with his right shoulder. I don't think the ball got there.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We saw one of Milroe's weaknesses but it wasn't too obvious. He fumbled the football (fortunately we got it back). He had 14 fumbles in HS which is quite a bit. Bryce for example had only 2. My biggest concern with him is a fumble at a critical moment in a game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I thought the OL looked better with 56 at center. While not a fan, I thought O'Brien was calling a nice game until Bryce left and the strategy with Jalen in had some pretty good moments. I have confidence in this defense, they're playing well at all levels (despite another inexplicable personal foul). Arky is a solid team that believes in their staff, kudos to Pittman.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Just heard it again on the game. It was the sideline reporter lady who said it.
I never heard the sideline reporter say it, but had the sound off much of the time, but Danielson definitely said it. A guess would be that such comments are assumed made in confidence.

The suggestion that BO'B should be let go over this is ludicrous. He could lead Bama to a 100 point offensive output and many in the fan base would be critical.

Has anyone mentioned how cleverly he schemed Prentice and Bond to be covered by essentially a safety on the 2 early big pass plays? Also, IMO, he did the sensible thing with Milroe. JM led them to 5 TDs in 8 possessions.

This board often sounds like a political discussion board where their side consists of moral angels and the other side is 100% wicked fools. O'Brien may not be the best or even the right fit for Alabama, IDK, but he's not the ignorant fool that many here portray him as. (He graduated from an Ivy Leagues school (Brown) with a real double degree in political science and organizational behavior management.) He's not an idiot. He's got the bona fides to prove it (it's not just Brady as some suggest, even though he directed him to 3 of his very top seasons). A modicum of balance and truth would be welcome.

Alabama is 4th in the nation in scoring offense, .1 behind #2, .4 behind #1. with TOs, i.e., short fields, not contributing much. And is 4th in the nation in total offense. Yes, Alabama has a lot of great talent but the OL and WRs have been an inconsistent work in progress, but have noticeably improved already. Of course a fool like O'Brien could not have contributed to that improvement. Not claiming he's the best or great but he's better than many suggest and some of the criticisms have been without merit like the 4th and inches at UTx - there was a large hole. I.e., the play call was fine.

Last edited:

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I never heard the sideline reporter say it, but had the sound off much of the time, but Danielson definitely said it. A guess would be that such comments are assumed made in confidence.

The suggestion that BO'B should be let go over this is ludicrous. He could lead Bama to a 100 point offensive output and many in the fan base would be critical.

Has anyone mentioned how cleverly he schemed Prentice and Bond to be covered by essentially a safety on the 2 early big pass plays? Also, IMO, he did the sensible thing with Milroe. JM led them to 5 TDs in 8 possessions.

This board often sounds like a political discussion board where their side consists of moral angels and the other side is 100% wicked fools. O'Brien may not be the best or even the right fit for Alabama, IDK, but he's not the ignorant fool that many here portray him as. (He graduated from an Ivy Leagues school (Brown) with a real double degree in political science and organizational behavior management.) He's not an idiot. He's got the bona fides to prove it (it's not just Brady as some suggest, even though he directed him to 3 of his very top seasons). A modicum of balance and truth would be welcome.

Alabama is 4th in the nation in scoring offense, .1 behind #2, .4 behind #1. with TOs, i.e., short fields, not contributing much. And is 4th in the nation in total offense. Yes, Alabama has a lot of great talent but the OL and WRs have been an inconsistent work in progress, but have noticeably improved already. Of course a fool like O'Brien could not have contributed to that improvement. Not claiming he's the best or great but he's better than many suggest and some of the criticisms have been without merit like the 4th and inches at UTx - there was a large hole. I.e., the play call was fine.
I'll piggy back off you, he coached a Heisman winner last year

Reactions: BamaInBham

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.