Photo thread - Part III

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
This is me this past Saturday with the doctor who saved my life three years ago. Dr. Kazimi was the surgeon for my liver resection surgery to remove the bile duct cancer. He also performed an emergency surgery five days later when the first one failed causing internal bile leakage and infection sending me into septic shock which very nearly took life. His aggressiveness in the second surgery, in particular, saved my life. I‘m alive in 2022 because of him. I couldn’t have asked for a more compassionate and competent surgeon.

About a week ago, he texted my wife from his personal phone that he and his family were coming through Orlando, taking his kids to Universal, and wanted to see if we could meet up. It was just an hour, and just coffee at a Starbucks but it was a very sweet time. He and I chatted a quite a bit, as did his wife and mine while our kids (his three, and my two) played together. In many ways it was like catching up with an old friend over coffee. DE73123F-59D9-43B8-A24C-B135FE5E16F2.jpeg

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
This is me this past Saturday with the doctor who saved my life three years ago. Dr. Kazimi was the surgeon for my liver resection surgery to remove the bile duct cancer. He also performed an emergency surgery five days later when the first one failed causing internal bile leakage and infection sending me into septic shock which very nearly took life. His aggressiveness in the second surgery, in particular, saved my life. I‘m alive in 2022 because of him. I couldn’t have asked for a more compassionate and competent surgeon.

About a week ago, he texted my wife from his personal phone that he and his family were coming through Orlando, taking his kids to Universal, and wanted to see if we could meet up. It was just an hour, and just coffee at a Starbucks but it was a very sweet time. He and I chatted a quite a bit, as did his wife and mine while our kids (his three, and my two) played together. In many ways it was like catching up with an old friend over coffee. View attachment 29247
It's rare to find a great surgeon and great person all in one. After 26 years of being a nurse I know. Sounds like God sent you the right person at the right time. You look like you are doing really well.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
It's rare to find a great surgeon and great person all in one. After 26 years of being a nurse I know. Sounds like God sent you the right person at the right time. You look like you are doing really well.
It is indeed. I’m doing well, and he remarked about how well I looked. It occurred to me he’s never seen me well (Other than in some pictures I’ve sent him). The first time we met I was jaundiced and worried to death and the last time I saw him I still had a drain bag on my belly, 40 pounds lighter than I am now, and still utterly exhausted from the whole ordeal.

Posted this same picture on a FB patient support group and someone else had him as their surgeon. She spoke as highly as I did of him. Also thankful that my medical oncologist down here in Orlando is of the same caliber, compassionate and personable. I mean, he actually just emailed me back a few minutes (after 9pm) ago about CT results and wants to move our follow up appointment up a few days to Monday. (The results are, in his words, “excellent, other than the kidney stone”). God did put the two right oncologists (who happen to be great people as well) in my life at the time I needed them.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Retired the end of July this year. My wife and I took our first trip to Colorado the last week of Sept / first week of Oct. Did 4000 mile round trip from Athens, AL, 9 states and multiple stops in the way. Loved it!!View attachment 29349
Those Aspens......what a great photo! Congrats on your retirement @whatsamatta U - and what a great way to kick it off with that 9 state tour!

Reactions: whatsamatta U

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.