Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You could be right, Jack, but I`ll respectfully disagree. I believe if he beats either ​Bama or UGA, all is forgiven. At least for this year.
Yep, if he splits with UGA and Alabama he is 9-3 and gets another year on the Plains. If he were to beat both he probably gets at least a two year contract extension at $7 million per year. Yes, they are that stupid.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The Bo Nix experiment better work for Gus. I mean, he gave LSU a good run for the money last weekend, enough that I actually muttered "a win here gives Gus another contract extension". That didn't happen. Ideally, they finish 10-2. That's they want down there. But 8-4 is more realistic, followed by blowing out someone in a bowl game, giving all the Malzahnettes around Birmingham a warm dose of the fuzzies. They all look like him anyway, complete with thin rim spectacles and sweater vests.

I really need to move, I think.

My point with all that drivel before is that, without Gatewood, a bad run for Nix would be the kind of thing that AU would use as ammo to run Malzahn off. They wanted to so badly last year, but it just costs too much money for the goobers. So, here we are. Odd year, record not panning out, though they have been immensely competitive, and could easily be 8-0 right now.
They could easily be 5-3, in fact, that would be the more accurate reflection of who they are. I'm sure Oregon is kicking themselves over having blown that game to an inferior team. LSU almost doubled AU in total O. AU's D is good but their O is not bad, it is wretched. Nix is inaccurate and makes bad decisions, either is a killer for a QB and offense, both produce an unmitigated disaster, which is what Nix is at this point. Add in a mediocre-at-best OL and their O is no surprise.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Yet, during the summer, they were out in force demanding that the future Heisman winner, Bo Nix, be named the starter immediately. Can't they just make up their minds?

Yeah. I thought that Barners would be happy how close they played LSU. Most of them are perpetually not a very happy bunch.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
They could easily be 5-3, in fact, that would be the more accurate reflection of who they are. I'm sure Oregon is kicking themselves over having blown that game to an inferior team. LSU almost doubled AU in total O. AU's D is good but their O is not bad, it is wretched. Nix is inaccurate and makes bad decisions, either is a killer for a QB and offense, both produce an unmitigated disaster, which is what Nix is at this point. Add in a mediocre-at-best OL and their O is no surprise.

Oregon got jobbed by the refs... :cool2:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Barring any major injury, Nix is auburn's starting QB for the next three years. He is not talented enough to be looked at seriously by the NFL so he will get the full four years on the plains. With that in mind, why does a top rated QB sign with auburn knowing the "legacy QB" will be the starter until he graduates? Gus may have recruited himself into a corner with Nix.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Not defending agbarn in the least. but it’s sort of like the guys committing to us knowing Tua holds the reins and lil bro is waiting in the wings.
Barring any major injury, Nix is auburn's starting QB for the next three years. He is not talented enough to be looked at seriously by the NFL so he will get the full four years on the plains. With that in mind, why does a top rated QB sign with auburn knowing the "legacy QB" will be the starter until he graduates? Gus may have recruited himself into a corner with Nix.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I remember thinking when Nix was announced, did he make this choice to make the Auburn fans happy or was he the guy who could best help the team win now. As painful as the QB choice method Saban uses is, it always ends with the right guy under center. He has to be the best right now and he's got to win the team. Next season will be interesting for us in that regard but one thing I do know is the guys last name will have nothing to do with who wins the job.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You know what? That's not necessary true. NFL could say that he's worth developing as a QB and can be drafted.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I agree with JustNeedMe81 on this. It's too early to make a judgment whether he'll play at the next level. He's only played in 8 games as a true freshman. At this point there's no way to know where he'll be in 4 years.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I remember thinking when Nix was announced, did he make this choice to make the Auburn fans happy or was he the guy who could best help the team win now. As painful as the QB choice method Saban uses is, it always ends with the right guy under center. He has to be the best right now and he's got to win the team. Next season will be interesting for us in that regard but one thing I do know is the guys last name will have nothing to do with who wins the job.
With daddy being a staunch awbern fan, he simply wasn't going anywhere else.

If the kid wants to be developed, he needs to attend all of the outside camps that he can during the off-seasons... :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Poor AU fans, it's been the same story for a few years now. Good to great defense that keeps them in games but, an offense that continues to trip over itself. Maybe they should hire an offensive genius... oh wait.
As The Dumpster Fire Burns...
They are one daddy sCam decision from not having ANY 21st-century relevance (outside of Tuberville's streak during the Mike years). They don't get sCam, they don't have anything to crow about since Bo Jackson's Heisman.

Who knows? I thought AJ would make a great pro at one point and he's just a perennial backup. I'm sure Bo will grow into a more mature QB, but I do wonder about his "talent ceiling." Some of his passes look like wounded ducks. Amazingly, some of those wounded ducks find their targets, but I wonder if he has the arm talent to play in the NFL.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You know what? That's not necessary true. NFL could say that he's worth developing as a QB and can be drafted.
You could be right about Nix. My thoughts were simply auburn, under Malzahn, has no history of developing any QB. Do they even have a QB coach? His offense does not lend itself to being an NFL caliber QB. If I had to make a prediction of Nix's future it would be that he spends all four years at auburn, auburn continues on its current trajectory of 8 possibly 10 wins and Nix turns out to be a good college QB, in spite of Malzahn, maybe latches on to an NFL team and holds the clipboard for a couple of years.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If the kid wants to be developed, he needs to attend all of the outside camps that he can during the off-seasons... :cool2:
Signed up for the John Franklin III Passing Academy the next two years, with an option for third-year camping.

Point of fact, in agreement with others who've said Not so fast on culling him from NFL consideration - instincts are good, game is not too terribly fast for him even as a true freshman, and if he can be as impervious to the "teaching" of QB guru Malzunction as possible, he's a contender.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Who knows? I thought AJ would make a great pro at one point and he's just a perennial backup. I'm sure Bo will grow into a more mature QB, but I do wonder about his "talent ceiling." Some of his passes look like wounded ducks. Amazingly, some of those wounded ducks find their targets, but I wonder if he has the arm talent to play in the SEC.[/QUOTE]

FIFY

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.