Prayers for Eli Gold

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
It will be so good having Eli back this fall. As someone said, it was just weird not having Eli or Cecil around this past season. That's just too much change too quickly. Nothing against Chris Stewart, but there just won't ever be another Eli. It's interesting how Eli was brought in the late 1988 to take the season the rest of the way after John Forney's return didn't work out as planned. And from there, he became the voice of Alabama Football. I felt bad for John. He was brought back after Paul Kennedy was let go. He was simply amazing in his day, but by the late 80's, he had lost a step or two. But, it ultimately turned out to be a passing of the torch.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

“I love Eli. He’s been with us for a long time. He’s kind of a part of the tradition around here with the expectation of being the voice of the Crimson Tide Network in a lot of ways. Whether it’s the radio show or whatever it is, I’m just happy for his family that he’s getting healthier and he’s able to get around. I’m excited to have him back because I love working with him.”

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
A couple of months ago, if that, I heard his first words on the radio since he's gone through all this. He was saying how "he'd be back for football this season" in the weakest whisper and I thought to myself "there's no way." I truly cannot believe how (relatively) great he sounds now and I'm SO looking forward to hearing him in the opener. Man, he's a fighter. I truly think the process and compressed timeline of rehabbing to get back has helped (and speeded) his recovery greatly.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.