Projected Injury Report for CFP Semifinal

landonew

Suspended
Nov 21, 2023
What’s the likelihood Kool-Aide clears concussion protocol in time to play in cfp semifinal? Any word on Jase McClellan?

I assume Deonte Lawson, Jaylen Key and Ja'Corey Brooks will be ready to play.

landonew

Suspended
Nov 21, 2023
Dallas Turner returned to the game, so I assume he’ll be cleared to play. It’s unclear what the nature of his injury was, he had ankle issues earlier in the season.

Attachments

Reactions: Rush

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
What h
What’s the likelihood Kool-Aide clears concussion protocol in time to play in cfp semifinal? Any word on Jase McClellan?

I assume Deonte Lawson, Jaylen Key and Ja'Corey Brooks will be ready to play.
What happened to Lawson and Key?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I believe that all of those players will be ready to go. I don't know of an injury on Alabama other than Jase that would cause a player to miss the CFP. Knock wood.
I think Key has been dealing with a quad injury for the last several weeks. Same with Lawson and his ankle injury. Both of them are probably well enough to play right now, but neither is close to 100%. I would think they should be close to completely ready by the semi final.

Brooks I believe has a shoulder injury. Been out since LSU. If it is a shoulder separation, it takes weeks to heal and get your strength back. However, I would think he has a chance as well.

I hope (and expect) Kool Aid clears concussion protocol sometime this week.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think Key has been dealing with a quad injury for the last several weeks. Same with Lawson and his ankle injury. Both of them are probably well enough to play right now, but neither is close to 100%. I would think they should be close to completely ready by the semi final.

Brooks I believe has a shoulder injury. Been out since LSU. If it is a shoulder separation, it takes weeks to heal and get your strength back. However, I would think he has a chance as well.

I hope (and expect) Kool Aid clears concussion protocol sometime this week.
iirc, lawson made some really spectacular plays. he didn't seem to be slowed down

landonew

Suspended
Nov 21, 2023
I believe that all of those players will be ready to go. I don't know of an injury on Alabama other than Jase that would cause a player to miss the CFP. Knock wood.
Concussion protocol is very case specific; the recommended period is 28 days according to this article. It’s not clear what Bama’s policy on this but I suspect it’s a medical decision that’s completely out of the player’s and coaching staff’s hands.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Concussion protocol is very case specific; the recommended period is 28 days according to this article. It’s not clear what Bama’s policy on this but I suspect it’s a medical decision that’s completely out of the player’s and coaching staff’s hands.

That is absurd. Unless it is a very severe concussion most players return is a week or two. 4 weeks is definitely not the standard

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Terrion Arnold left the Tennessee game with a concussion and played against LSU.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
That is absurd. Unless it is a very severe concussion most players return is a week or two. 4 weeks is definitely not the standard
This biggest issues in terms of concussion are 1) the severity of the blow/injury and 2) a previous history of concussions. Most clinical data suggests that a previous history of head injury/head trauma/concussions leads to a more severe injury and generally longer time to recover.

My daughter suffered three concussions in gymnastics. The first two she pretty much recovered within a week. The third (and most severe) took her almost six months to recover. All three of her concussive blows to her head happened within 18 months. Chronic, severe headaches, inability to concentrate, memory issues, fatigue and extreme sensitivity to light. Needless to say that her gymnastics career ended at age 14.

Really it is going to depend on Kool-Aid’s past history of head injury most likely.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
This biggest issues in terms of concussion are 1) the severity of the blow/injury and 2) a previous history of concussions. Most clinical data suggests that a previous history of head injury/head trauma/concussions leads to a more severe injury and generally longer time to recover.

My daughter suffered three concussions in gymnastics. The first two she pretty much recovered within a week. The third (and most severe) took her almost six months to recover. All three of her concussive blows to her head happened within 18 months. Chronic, severe headaches, inability to concentrate, memory issues, fatigue and extreme sensitivity to light. Needless to say that her gymnastics career ended at age 14.

Really it is going to depend on Kool-Aid’s past history of head injury most likely.
Was someone trying to box her out or something? Wow, I never knew.

• Haha
Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
iirc, lawson made some really spectacular plays. he didn't seem to be slowed down
Key played as well. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t dealing with some nagging stuff. A lot of players play through stuff at the end of a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Was someone trying to box her out or something? Wow, I never knew.
First was a slip on a tumbling run on floor exercise. Missed and came down, landing on her back and slamming the back of her head. As she lost her balance, she landed off the mat and on the floor. Second time, she actually “spotting” another girl on her dismount from balance beam and took an elbow to the temple.

The last one was absolutely freaky. She and several other girls came out of foam pit. She walked past the edge of the floor exercise mat and one the instructors didn’t see her. He was demonstrating a short run and ran into her. His heel hit her square in the top of head, knocking her out cold.

My daughter was out of school for four months and spent most of her days in her bedroom with very little/low light.

Neurologist visits every two weeks. It was the cumulative effect of multiple injuries in a very short period of time.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
What h

What happened to Lawson and Key?
Just lingering injuries I think. Lawson got injured a couple games ago, but has been back for a couple games. Key, I don’t remember.

I think all of our previously injured guys should be 100% or very close by game time, with the possible exception of Jase. I haven’t really heard anything about his injury, but I know a boot isn’t generally good.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Well that certainly isn’t followed in almost any sport. Most players are back in a week or two.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Just lingering injuries I think. Lawson got injured a couple games ago, but has been back for a couple games. Key, I don’t remember.

I think all of our previously injured guys should be 100% or very close by game time, with the possible exception of Jase. I haven’t really heard anything about his injury, but I know a boot isn’t generally good.
I gotcha. I knew about them missing the other games but wondered if I had somehow missed that they were hurt in this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.