Questions/answers/advice about Pasadena, Rose Bowl, Parade, etc.

djm_PSU_alum

Dec 6, 2023
School allegiance aside, I just wanted to post here since it's been awhile since Alabama has been to the Rose Bowl to offer any answers to questions about the Rose Bowl, Pasadena (and nearby areas), the Rose Parade, etc.

My wife and I have lived in Pasadena for 13 years so very familiar with the area, the game, the events, etc. Happy to answer any questions or any advice. We've been to our share of Rose Bowls (even when PSU hasn't been a participant) and we live a few blocks from the parade route.

I can answer one question that may come up--I do not have tickets to sell. This is actually the first year we did not participate in the ticket sale that is offered to Pasadena residents. The resident sale is usually the Friday or Saturday (morning) of conference championship weekend so we typically have a general idea of who will be in the game but when the Rose Bowl is a playoff site, it is typically harder to sell the tickets.

Beyond that, happy to offer answers/advice.

My email is djmccaslin@gmail.com if you want to ask off-board.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Not a question for the OP but for the board. Several years ago, you could listen to the radio broadcast in the stadium if you purchased a special radio. I have a friend going to Pasadena and he was asking if that was still a thing. If not, is there a way to listen to Eli/Chris while at the stadium that isn't on a delay of some kind? I've used the Tune-In app but it is usually behind the television broadcast, which is behind the radio. Thanks in advance.

djm_PSU_alum

Dec 6, 2023
Not a question for the OP but for the board. Several years ago, you could listen to the radio broadcast in the stadium if you purchased a special radio. I have a friend going to Pasadena and he was asking if that was still a thing. If not, is there a way to listen to Eli/Chris while at the stadium that isn't on a delay of some kind? I've used the Tune-In app but it is usually behind the television broadcast, which is behind the radio. Thanks in advance.
Sirius/XM would likely have the Alabama and Michigan radio feeds on separate channels so if you download that app (and have Sirius/XM radio subscription), you could listen to that but radio will inherently have a delay to what you see live.

Also, worth noting, the wifi in the Rose Bowl is notoriously bad. It has improved but your network should be fine--plenty of cell towers around.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads