Read and React (SECN) - SEC Championship Game Edition

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
In case some of you aren't familiar with the show....it's hosted by Roman Harper and Cole Cubelic with the premise of the show being the two of them breaking down a handful of key plays from some of the key SEC games from that particular week. It's more technical than your standard college football show. It's become one of my favorite shows because both Roman and Cole are very knowledgeable, they are both likeable in my opinion, and they do a good job of explaining the nuances that the average fan probably didn't notice while watching a particular game.

All that said...I strongly suggest that any Bama fan make it a point to watch their breakdown of the SEC championship game. Especially at around the 24:00 minute mark they do a deep dive into Bama's run game vs UGA. It's pretty impressive to see just how physical that oline has become....They did a real good job in this episode of showing how Rees was using motion and formations to set up the running game. Anyone that watches that segment will come away absolutely loving R. Outz too....that guy was a war-daddy on Saturday. At one point they show a play where we had an unbalanced line with Proctor moving over to the right side which resulted in over a 1,000 lbs of Bama to the right of the center....and a beautiful 9 yard gain.

Cole really does a good job of giving insight on the oline position...and he tends to call it like he sees it. He appears to be pretty impressed with what this group has become....which is comforting considering our next opponent.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I listened to Cubelic's breakdown of the championship game. I think most Tide fans will enjoy it. I want to go back and watch his show with Harper, who I always enjoy. I am glad he did give recognition to Outz for his playing. He had a great block against the Barn on the 4th down play late in that game also.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I always look forward to Read and React. I consider it the best analysis show that I know of. They take the different formations and play calls and tell/show how each one is designed and who excelled or underperformed. Great breakdowns . Highly suggest watching the show.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Love Read & React, and have from the first show.

Cubelic is knowledgeable, fair and balanced. He also explains nuances of OL play that I’d never know otherwise. Harper is really good at explaining defensive strategy, especially the secondary.

Both do a great job of getting into the technicalities without going so far down that rabbit hole that they lose the audience — which the Mannings are bad to do.

Hope the SECN makes this an annual show, and I’d love to see a 2-hour version for the bowls and playoff.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I was just telling a friend of mine how much I like Read and React. Cole and Roman do an excellent job and seemingly have a great chemistry with each other.

Above all, neither are “homers”. They are fair in the analysis of each other’s respective schools and other conference programs.

Unlike one guy that still likes reliving his days in Gainesville and can’t let go.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Love Read & React, and have from the first show.

Cubelic is knowledgeable, fair and balanced. He also explains nuances of OL play that I’d never know otherwise. Harper is really good at explaining defensive strategy, especially the secondary.

Both do a great job of getting into the technicalities without going so far down that rabbit hole that they lose the audience — which the Mannings are bad to do.

Hope the SECN makes this an annual show, and I’d love to see a 2-hour version for the bowls and playoff.
Loved it when Harper broke down “Gravedigger” and the defense Auburn was in for that play. Showed coverage mistakes and technique issues by the DB’s.

Reactions: dathbama

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I like Cube, listen to his show, been meaning to check out R&R as who doesn't love Roman Harper?

Thanks for the reminder, gonna check it out ASAP.
When I first started listening to Cole when the old 3 man front started being carried by WJOX in Birmingham I did not care for him. Maybe it was my hatred for all things orange. But since he has been matched up with Greg, I have really enjoyed his insight. And the interaction between the two is really good. Not quite TC and John Ed for you older people, but still pretty fun to listen to.

Reactions: UAH, CB4 and Con

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
A good show and a great breakdown on Bama/Dawgs this week. I did not watch the show until mid October. It became must see TV!
I don't think the show started until around then. I remember hearing Roman on one of the sports talk shows talking about a new show that he and Cole were doing....so I'm pretty sure they didn't start the show until midway through the season.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
In case some of you aren't familiar with the show....it's hosted by Roman Harper and Cole Cubelic with the premise of the show being the two of them breaking down a handful of key plays from some of the key SEC games from that particular week. It's more technical than your standard college football show. It's become one of my favorite shows because both Roman and Cole are very knowledgeable, they are both likeable in my opinion, and they do a good job of explaining the nuances that the average fan probably didn't notice while watching a particular game.

All that said...I strongly suggest that any Bama fan make it a point to watch their breakdown of the SEC championship game. Especially at around the 24:00 minute mark they do a deep dive into Bama's run game vs UGA. It's pretty impressive to see just how physical that oline has become....They did a real good job in this episode of showing how Rees was using motion and formations to set up the running game. Anyone that watches that segment will come away absolutely loving R. Outz too....that guy was a war-daddy on Saturday. At one point they show a play where we had an unbalanced line with Proctor moving over to the right side which resulted in over a 1,000 lbs of Bama to the right of the center....and a beautiful 9 yard gain.

Cole really does a good job of giving insight on the oline position...and he tends to call it like he sees it. He appears to be pretty impressed with what this group has become....which is comforting considering our next opponent.
Can you provide a link, please! TIA

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
When I first started listening to Cole when the old 3 man front started being carried by WJOX in Birmingham I did not care for him. Maybe it was my hatred for all things orange. But since he has been matched up with Greg, I have really enjoyed his insight. And the interaction between the two is really good. Not quite TC and John Ed for you older people, but still pretty fun to listen to.
Cole has come a long way since then and remains very authenic. I really appreciated the coaching and performance analysis he did in his latest video.

Reactions: dathbama

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I can't find the exact segment that I referenced in my initial post but the link below is from the same episode and it gives you a pretty good idea of what I was referring to....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads