Roster Management for 24-25

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Bama Hammer aka Ronald Evans does a good job with possible roster scenarios in this article.

FWIW, he has Nelson returning and Sears taking the second round draft option.

By his own admission, he's mainly guessing.

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
First round pick possibility for Sears according to one...guaranteed money

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I've been told indirectly that Momma Sears wants her son to play one more year, preferring the guarantee of his NIL money to the unpredictability of the draft.
Something like this will be the key to a title run, some talented guys on the border of guaranteed money staying for guaranteed money in college

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Something like this will be the key to a title run, some talented guys on the border of guaranteed money staying for guaranteed money in college
With the ancillary and somewhat fiduciary notion that Oats' offense enables a year-long NBA audition at 'Bama.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I guess I didn't know about his injury. I like the fact he's a freshman too.

I'm also really interested in how Kris Parker fits. I'm assuming he was redshirted to help him add some weight, but at 6'9" as a guard I'm very, very intrigued! Talk about versatile!

The ones I question the most about fitting in are: Big Mo, Pringle and Cosby, Jr.
Here's an older article that's discussed Mo D's previous injury and what he brings to the table. Notice if the definition sounds like a former player:

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
just for grins, here we are today. 15, with 12 schollys. "Returning" is obviously tentative

Bama 2024-25 roster as of 4/10/24

Mark Sears Guard returning
Grant Nelson Forward returning
Latrell Wrightsell Jr. Guard returning
Nick Pringle Forward returning
Kris Parker Guard returning
Rylan Griffen Guard returning
Davin Cosby Jr. Guard returning
Mouhamed Dioubate Forward returning
Mohamed Wague Forward returning
Jarin Stevenson Forward returning
Sam Walters Forward returning
Derrion Reid Forward recruit
Aiden Sherrell Forward recruit
Naas Cunningham Forward recruit
Houston Mallette Guard transfer

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Parker hits the transfer portal. I should have put date AND time on my previous post :)

Sears will go.Wague and Cosby will probably go. That gets us to 11. Depending on Nelson that’s 10. So two more transfers possibly.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Parker hits the transfer portal. I should have put date AND time on my previous post :)

Sears will go.Wague and Cosby will probably go. That gets us to 11. Depending on Nelson that’s 10. So two more transfers possibly.
I think there are 13 scholarships allowed. Thats the reason Spears received a scholly last year because they didn’t use it.

• Thank You
Reactions: oskie and TexasBama

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I wish we could get a group of guys determined to bring the university a championship before bolting to the NBA or transferring for playing time. We could have really used guys like Bediako and Clowney this year with a season of experience under their belt.

Reactions: BamaHoopsBoi

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I wish we could get a group of guys determined to bring the university a championship before bolting to the NBA or transferring for playing time. We could have really used guys like Bediako and Clowney this year with a season of experience under their belt.
Noah Clowney could not turn down first-round, life-changing money. Charles apparently could not receive NIL so who can blame him if he wanted to be paid … by someone.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm not convinced Sears is gone until it happens.

Would he really be better off in Europe or the G League?

I haven't heard anything about Cosby leaving. Do you mean the Draft or Transfer?

I think Nelson stays too but maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Noah Clowney could not turn down first-round, life-changing money. Charles apparently could not receive NIL so who can blame him if he wanted to be paid … by someone.
For some reason I forgot Clowney went in the 1st, but he sure enough signed a 4 year 15 mil contract so no can’t blame him. I also didn’t know Bediako couldn’t get NIL so his departure finally makes sense for me. Thanks for clarifying

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I wonder if Kris entered the portal to see what Sears is going to do?

Either way, I hope we can get him back in the fold. I watched some of his HS clips and he is legit

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads