RTO22 or CS or anyone, what are our numbers like?

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
What do the numbers look like right now? I mean, how many "commits" do we have and how many do we have left to offer (scholarships, I mean)?

Plus

RTO, are you going to do a write up like you did last week or is it all ready in the sticky thread up top? I just liked reading about the guys last week and the perspective you guys hd on their visits.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
What do the numbers look like right now? I mean, how many "commits" do we have and how many do we have left to offer (scholarships, I mean)?

Plus

RTO, are you going to do a write up like you did last week or is it all ready in the sticky thread up top? I just liked reading about the guys last week and the perspective you guys hd on their visits.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

will update tomorrow afternoon/evening......probably update/add/eliminate some on the sticky

Numbers:

Commits: 15
Of those, I don't count Marve. Williams and McGaskin are "soft." Of the 15, 3 are greyshirts. Murphy isn't eligible at this point.

So, effectively, at the moment, we have 11 (out of 15 total) for the class of 2007. Although, the greyshirts could count if need be.

I see us taking 20-25. I expect attrition from the current team and to allow for some non-quals.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
There are 11 commitments right now not including Marve and the 3 gray shirts.

It looks like Bama will have somewhere between 15 - 17 scholarships available to prospects National Signing Day on February 7th, 2007. With over signing for attrition it looks like it will be somewhere around 20 scholarships signed.

Bama Mag: 2007 Alabama Commitment List

BOL: 2007 Alabama Commitment List

Quarterbacks: (1 maybe 2 Marve?)

Nick Fanuzzi - San Antonio, TX. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Robert Marve - Tampa, FL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT) (Soft Verbal)

Running Backs: (1)

Jamar Taylor - Lakeland, FL. (ALABAMA SIGNEE (Enrolled early))

Offensive Linemen: (2 Gray shirts)

Patrick Crump - Hoover, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT (Grayshirt))
William Vlachos - Mountain Brook, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT (Grayshirt))

Defensive Tackles: (3)

Nick Gentry - Prattville, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Alfred McCollough - Athens, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Kerry Murphy - Hoover, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)

Defensive Ends: (2)

Kourtnei Brown - Charlotte, NC. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Alex Watkins - Brownsville, TN. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)

Linebackers: (2)

Jennings Hester - Atlanta, GA. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Rolando McClain - Decatur, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)

Defensive Backs: (2) with 1 gray shirt

Kareem Jackson - Macon, GA. via (Fork Union Military Academy) (ALABAMA SIGNEE (Enrolled early))
Chris Lett - Pensacola, FL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT)
Elliott McGaskin - Mobile, AL. (ALABAMA COMMITMENT) (Grayshirt - Soft Verbal)

Last edited:

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Looks to be darn near impossible to keep up with, considering how fast all this is moving!! People, we are FORTUNATE to have guys like RTO, & Surfer, on our side!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Looks to be darn near impossible to keep up with, considering how fast all this is moving!! People, we are FORTUNATE to have guys like RTO, & Surfer, on our side!
It's ironic how everything seemed to be in slow motion between the firing of Shula and the hiring of Saban, and then it's been moving at a dizzying pace since.

I don't know how they keep up. I certainly can't.

KenMo

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2006
Saban has brought not only respect to the tide but he has brought intrest from some of the best in the South. Why? 13th National Championships and to be the 1st Heisman Trophy winner @ Bama-- ROLL TIDE ROLL

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
It's ironic how everything seemed to be in slow motion between the firing of Shula and the hiring of Saban, and then it's been moving at a dizzying pace since.

I don't know how they keep up. I certainly can't.
<-------------

*insert bayou's picture of a drunken, passed out Homer Simpson*

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.