Russia Invades Ukraine pt XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Western intelligence says Russia is amassing aircraft on Ukraine's border, as countries look to the skies to break deadlock

• Russia is gathering air power at Ukraine's border, according to unnamed Western officials.
  • US defense secretary Lloyd Austin denied this, but called on the West to rush air defenses to Ukraine.
  • Russia has largely held back on committing its jets to Ukrainian airspace for much of the conflict.
Western intelligence says Russia is amassing aircraft on Ukraine's border, as countries look to the skies to break deadlock (msn.com)
🤔

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Because air defenses are cheap and easy.
I have fired a Stinger. It is cheap and easy and deadly.
Using the air is risky and expensive. Denying the use of the air is cheap and easy.
All true. I`ve just expected them to overwhelm with sheer numbers if nothing else.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think the days of the Red Army are over.
The Russians still have a big military, but not nearly as big as it was in 1988.
Their leadership at all levels just appears to be catastrophically abysmal. Can you imagine what it would be like to be an even semi-competent small unit commander ( company level on down ) in that hell hole?

Reactions: seebell

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yet another Russian official dies by "jumping" out of a window.

Top Putin official involved in funding Ukraine war dies in apparent suicide (yahoo.com)

I actually think this one might be a real suicide....maybe. She apparently phoned her husband to send police to the address, and there's some mention of health problems.

Of course, the FSB might have been "helping" her to make the call, I don't know.

I'm a little less believing of the colonel mentioned toward the end of the article. Also committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, five times. Not so sure on that one.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In the competition between the owner of the Wagner group and the MOD, Wagner has been cut off from recruiting convicts. It'll be interesting to see how that affects the siege of Bakhmut, when he runs out of bodies to throw at the city...

Reactions: TexasBama

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`m somewhat surprised that there hasn`t been a coup in Russia. Ukraine has got to be bleeding Russia dry . I wonder if all that keeps them going is sales of their petroleum.

Reactions: Go Bama

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I`m somewhat surprised that there hasn`t been a coup in Russia. Ukraine has got to be bleeding Russia dry . I wonder if all that keeps them going is sales of their petroleum.
The dude is ex-KGB. It is not likely any conversation goes on in Moscow about the continuity of government that he does not know about, and who said what.
Look at 4Qtr Basket Case's post above.
The two might be related.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
In the competition between the owner of the Wagner group and the MOD, Wagner has been cut off from recruiting convicts. It'll be interesting to see how that affects the siege of Bakhmut, when he runs out of bodies to throw at the city...
Apparently, the Russian spring offensive has started, with a big push on Bakhmut. Reports are that the Ukranians are creating a few hundred good Russians daily.

Reactions: T Bone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.