2020 Prospect: Sam Johnson (Punter)

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I also remember it getting quiet before the cheering. It was like everybody realized they were seeing something genuinely extraordinary.
Guy changed the game. Not just distance, but turning the ball over and hang time, creating new challenges for returners, stuff that is standard in today’s game of better athletes.

Reactions: The Ols

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
IMO, Roby was better than Guy by a country mile.
I agree with ya Brother..You can make an argument for either or I think you could anyways..

Guy was a tad bit before my time, I grew up idolizing Roby, I'd get made fun of playing backyard football, I always chose to be Reggie Roby when we picked players..He may have been a punter, but, I always thought he walked in water..

I think Roby was the best ever when it came to consistently punting the ball long with hangtime..

He also had the best ball control placing where exactly he wanted the ball to go I've seen a punter have..

Reactions: B1GTide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree with ya Brother..You can make an argument for either or I think you could anyways..

Guy was a tad bit before my time, I grew up idolizing Roby, I'd get made fun of playing backyard football, I always chose to be Reggie Roby when we picked players..He may have been a punter, but, I always thought he walked in water..

I think Roby was the best ever when it came to consistently punting the ball long with hangtime..

He also had the best ball control placing where exactly he wanted the ball to go I've seen a punter have..
He was pretty flexible also!

1592493926118.png

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

:devilish: Clearly you guys are too young to remember the real GOAT, Horace Gillom. Gillom played on Paul Brown's great Cleveland teams. Gillom played a bit both ways at end as well in a run first era.

Gillom

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.