*sigh* It's my turn...

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
"Live, from inside the bowels of M.D. Anderson, It's exiled!!"

mrs. exiled & I are sitting here in a chill-out area @ MDA watching the clock roll by ever-so-slowly. Already had a couple of chest xrays, which were historic in nature: I was finished and walking out of the imaging area 5 minutes before my appt. time! I know...I was amazed too...;)

1:00 appt. w/ the lung dude. (is it 1:00 yet??)

Also, I wanted to proudly report that mrs. exiled had a brief bit of noise talking to an Aubie in the elevator. I'm proudly representin' w/ my Crimson Tide polo; we get on the elevator and this older guy says to me "you're wearing the wrong shirt!" mrs. exiled realized at this point that she had put on an orange shirt. She smiled & said, "I wouldn't have put on this orange if I'd have known you'd be here..." Then we had a nice, pleasant chat; turns out they're from Gulf Shores. Ironically, he too is here for spots on the lungs of unknown origin.

Anyway, I was most proud of the missus for stepping up like that. Thought y'all would be too...

"From the gazebo at MDA, this is exiled, reporting live and waiting on the durn clock to move...More later. Back to you, Keith!"

(Actually, being here @ MDA as a patient creates massive amounts of suction. But if one has to be anywhere with the C word on one's chart, I s'pose this is a pretty good place to be...)

exiled

p.s. - this place's slogan is "Making Cancer History." Works for me!

The Duke

All-American
Oct 25, 2006
Texas
Hang in there, Exiled. Sounds like you already have a tremendous supporting staff there in the Mrs.!!!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Hey exiled!!! You know I'm thinking about you and you are in my prayers daily. You're in very good hands at MDA. Here's hoping for the best news possible...as soon as possible.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Hey, Gang,
Well, there is news, but not our preferred news. I'll give you the short version here.
--Dr. does think it's lung cancer & will proceed as if it is.
--Thus, the following:
a) lung function test today (then home)
b) back out here to MDA Wed. for yet another CT scan
c) Thurs, appt. w/ surgeon
d) Friday, video-assisted surgery to remove spots on left lung
--After that, we will know decisively, for the entire lesions on the left will be removed, not just biopsied. If, in fact, it's lung cancer as he suspects, the left side will be diagnosed and treated by the surgery. Then the one on the rt. side can be dealt with accordingly (radiation + either chemo or the newer hormone-based chemo to make sure they never come back!).

The VATS surgery is much less invasive than just a scalpel; Dr. says I may be out of the hospital within a day, and that I should be able to go home & teach class the next week! Says I'll feel like I got hit in the side for a while (bummer!) but that I should not be incapacitated for long.

--We are very optimistic, as is the Dr. In fact, mrs. exiled said that she's glad someone's cranking up a surgical instrument & getting after this.

--Dr. said there's much good news despite the diagnosis; "I'm young & fit" :)PDT_old: Take that, old age & disease! Those are the words of a trained medical professional! ;) [my kids both laughed at that sentence...*sigh*] ), the disease is confined to a single organ, and there's still not very much of it. That's why he's pursuing the surgical route 1st.

FYI, I have created a blog just about this situation at http://prayformikem.blogspot.com
(can I do this here?? MODS - please delete blog site if not appropriate; I figured it might be OK since I'm not selling anything here or there...)

All things considered, we're fine. Optimistic, as I said, and generally in "let's do this thing" mode. BTW, the Dr. gave me some very sophisticated abuse about my Crimson Tide shirt yesterday; I was quite impressed! Mentioned Coach Shula and Coach Saban in the process. (me) "I tend to be pretty optimistic" (him) "That would again explain the Crimson Tide shirt" (etc.)

Anyway, that's the news. Thanks so much for your prayers. They mattered & were felt greatly yesterday! Could you keep them coming? We're still in a bend in this road & I'm not sure when it will straighten out...

Roll Tide!
exiled

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.