So what is the play at the end of the iron bowl going to be known as?

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
My favorite one I read right here on Tide Fans an someone, I forget who, added the cherry on top! Disaster in the Pasture Part Moooo!!

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I don't think Bama fans should use terms like "Disaster" or "Nightmare" because it sounds like Bama lost. I can understand Auburn fans using those terms but we need something positive.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
"Answered Prayer in Jordan-Hare?" Of course a retired minister would come up with that...

I like 4th and 31...btw, it was a PERFECT throw...on the money from over 40 yards to the back corner of the end zone...let that sink in a minute...not many QB's can make that throw.
In all fairness, JM has done that before; maybe spring game, caught by JB (I think) and might have been a tad bit shorter.
Or maybe a practice but they looked like game surrounding.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Me either and I get the wanting to rub their faces in it aspect.

But there is nothing celebratory about that play or this game for me.

We tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat and somehow won anyway and got credited with a win.

The whole thing is a completely different context than what Tua did vs UGA and Tua and Smitty did on the final play.
I’ll defer to the GOAT: “The best team usually wins this game.”
Bama won every statistical category (except rushing) and except for two idiot penalties, the game isn’t close.
Bama’s inability to stop the run has changed some’s “crimson” colored glasses to a darker color, maybe more purple; rightfully so, and yes they were “lucky” in the eyes of some. But the ball didn’t bounce off of two defenders colliding and land in the hands of a WR streaking down the field; a fumbled ball didn’t bounce 15-20 yards straight down the field, maybe two feet inside the boundary.
The better team won the game. It doesn’t seem like it to some who are disappointed with the rush defense (worst game of the year?), the penalties (which had appeared to be decreasing in number and import), and saw the Barn play one of their best games of the year (all Bama fans should be used to that by now).
I don’t really care what people call it; “4th and 31” at least covers up “Kick Six”. “Milroe Miracle” likely generates revenue for JM.
Bama won and that’s all that matters, to me; win each one by one point, I’m good - as long as they win them all.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Me either and I get the wanting to rub their faces in it aspect.

But there is nothing celebratory about that play or this game for me.

We tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat and somehow won anyway and got credited with a win.

The whole thing is a completely different context than what Tua did vs UGA and Tua and Smitty did on the final play.
All due respect…but you might need to lighten up a little bit. We stuck it to auburn in the most painful way possible. Celebrate it..enjoy it. Nickname it…don’t nickname it. But “Nothing celebratory”???? Really??

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I agree, I have no desire to hang a daniel moore print of this game in my office. We should have taken them out in the 1st half. Its just a WIN to me and I pray we beat UGA and then Mr. Moore might have somehthing to paint about. But I am happy we beat Auburn but thats now how we usually win games against a big as underdog as the barn was. I am sure I am in the minority that this was not a seminal point in UA football history. I think it was a lucky win.
Your medal is in the mail 🙄🙄🙄 🤣🤣🤣 (blue font).

Reactions: B1GTide

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I'd post the unofficial assistant coach video 10, but his language goes south quickly in that one.

December05

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2022
Fourth and Forever (as in that’s how long Auburn fans will have to see replays of it.)

I also haven’t heard this from anyone, but James vs. Bond is a good reference as well (as in DJ against Isaiah).

Reactions: oskie

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
All due respect…but you might need to lighten up a little bit. We stuck it to auburn in the most painful way possible. Celebrate it..enjoy it. Nickname it…don’t nickname it. But “Nothing celebratory”???? Really??
Tbf I posted that on Sunday and was still very upset with how the whole game played out.

I have lightened up and moved on to UGA.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads