Squirrel battles...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Around here the squirrels don't bother me and I don't bother them.

There's one that's been coming around for a few years that I actually feed peanuts by hand.

We always watch out too for their nests when I do any pruning work.

I cut down a diseased palm once and there was a nest in the fronds with about 3 little babies. The mama came around and I backed way off. She picked up one and left and then came back later for the others. I know she left to get a new nest ready.

Collectively I refer to them as the brigade.....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I traded mine in on a 9mm handgun, but it was a German-made Diana by RWS. It was also scoped and very accurate. I sometimes wish I'd held on to it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When I was looking at the Diana in the gun shop, the owner commented that it was the most accurate gun in the shop. I corrected him to say the most accurate pellet gun. He repeated that he meant most accurate, period. It was deadly but surprisingly loud, since the pellet breaks the sound barrier, about as loud as a .22 short...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've thought about another one. Is the .22 subsonic? It might be quieter than the .177...
Yah, it's in the 800-900 fps range. I don't think the .177 is faster than about 1k fps so it should also be subsonic. You might have had a special rifle if you were hearing the crack.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, that sucks. Unnecessarily fast and far louder than I'd want.

The.22 isn't silent, but it's definitely slower than mach 1 and has great knock-down power on small pests.
That was one thing which made it easier for me to let it go. It was essentially as loud as .22 LR. The .177 was very flat-shooting, however...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, that sucks. Unnecessarily fast and far louder than I'd want.

The.22 isn't silent, but it's definitely slower than mach 1 and has great knock-down power on small pests.
My son just finished reworking an early 1900s .22 rifle that had been neglected for more than 50 years. We were shooting it off our back deck yesterday (targets) and it is very quiet. Now, we were using the slower ammo, but our neighbors can barely hear anything when we use the slower ammo. Heck, you can't hear it at all inside our home if the windows are closed.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
This is the most entertaining and informative Topic Thread on the Site right now. We are getting Long Tailed Rat stories AND Video along with favorite armaments, gauges, and tactics for both RURAL and City Limits. I debated on making that Devil Squirrel run like John McClane in the airducts of Nakatomi Plaza as I unloaded 12ga shots into the ceiling. But I am pretty sure the Insurance adjuster would deny my claim. :D

• Haha
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.