Bama Game Thread: Tennessee @ Bama [1st place on the line] (ESPN @ 7p CST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I think Tennessee is the only team in the conference that could be considered elite. Bama and perhaps a couple of others are next tier down.
Honestly, I am not impressed with Tennessee. They're elite defensively, but offensively they do have some issues, especially if you shut down Knecht. We win the game fairly comfortably with Wrightsell. It took us not making a shot for the last 10 minutes for them to beat us. I came away feeling like we kinda beat ourselves with our shooting at the end.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Honestly, I am not impressed with Tennessee. They're elite defensively, but offensively they do have some issues, especially if you shut down Knecht. We win the game fairly comfortably with Wrightsell. It took us not making a shot for the last 10 minutes for them to beat us. I came away feeling like we kinda beat ourselves with our shooting at the end.
Two very good teams and sometimes the winner is just determined by shots going in or not....can happen to any team in any game, really.....perplexing but that's the game we all know and love......

Reactions: BamaMike05

Alogan1983

Suspended
Feb 12, 2024
Lol well yeah that's kinda like saying "the team that scores the most points will win!" Very simplified but correct statement.

Reactions: dathbama

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Very good game! We lost the game on the hustle plays and seemingly the boards (I haven't seen the official stats). We need some work in those areas. Not enough scrappers.
Agree on the get-down-and-dirty plays, but we actually outrebounded them by a couple. In fact, if you look at the stats, you might wonder how we didn't win. Going "Ofer for 9 minutes" is the great equalizer and almost impossible to overcome.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If Coach O recruits bringing in a couple quality 3pt shooter's, to complement the talent on hand now..

Goodness that's a scary awesome thought as too how this B'ball Program could be & will under Coach O!!!!..

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We're shooting 3's at a 37.5% clip for the season. If we'd shot that % last night it would have been an additional 5 made 3-pointers, easily enough to have won...

Tennessee closes the season with Kentucky. So, the race isn't yet over but our game at Florida is a must win to stay alive. At Florida is a big ask, especially if Wrightsell is still out. A top four seed in the SECT is my goal for the team right now.

BamaHoopsBoi

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 7, 2023
Saturday was a game we should have won by all stats. But it came down to making plays when it mattered, and Tennessee just made plays more consistently at the end of the game. Turnovers were an issue but we could have overcome them if it had not been for the 9 minute stretch of going cold. Hoping it all comes together here in the next few weeks for Bama. RTR forever.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I read on twitter that this was his 4th concussion and that there's a very specific criteria for him to go into a game.
They need to give him a protective headgear to wear. I've seen keepers in soccer wear them, they're similar to the padded shells that football wears during practice.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
They need to give him a protective headgear to wear. I've seen keepers in soccer wear them, they're similar to the padded shells that football wears during practice.
What I read also said that he was lighting up 3pt shots in the pregame shootaround. If he gets dizzy within a certain amount of time then he's ruled out. Evidently he keeps getting dizzy. Again, all of that was read on twitter so take it with huge grains of salt.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man, that sounds dangerous for Wrightsell.

As an aside, it's a wonder we don't see more head injuries in basketball. They jump higher, run faster and there's more contact at the rim now than ever. Sometimes guys hit the floor very, very hard.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads