Tennessee Under Potential NCAA Investigation for NIL Violations in Multiple Sports

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Tennessee chancellor roasts NCAA over NIL

It is intellectually dishonest for the NCAA staff to issue guidelines that say a third-party collective/business may meet with prospective student-athletes, discuss NIL, even enter into a contract with prospective student-athletes, but at the same time say that the collective may not engage in conversations that would be of a recruiting nature. Any discussion about NIL might factor into a prospective student-athlete's decision to attend an institution. This creates an inherently unworkable situation, and everyone knows it.

Reactions: dathbama

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
What he fails to say is that the rule specifically says

“NIL compensation cannot be made contingent upon an athlete's enrollment at a particular school”

So yeah, they can meet and offer but that offer cannot be tied to going to a particular school.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
One of the reporters on Slimebaum brought up Ohio St, saying they have been behind the eight ball in NIL recruiting and came out swinging this year. The year the NCAA may finally get aggressive with enforcement.

I find it funny that no one mentioned the barn and their sudden meteoric rise up the recruiting rankings.

I also find it strange that schools such as Florida St and Tennessee have gone scorched earth in rebuttals, put out statements as if the NC2A is a third party entity. Lest they forget as a member institution they are the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tidelines

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
One of the reporters on Slimebaum brought up Ohio St, saying they have been behind the eight ball in NIL recruiting and came out swinging this year. The year the NCAA may finally get aggressive with enforcement.

I find it funny that no one mentioned the barn and their sudden meteoric rise up the recruiting rankings.

I also find it strange that schools such as Florida St and Tennessee have gone scorched earth in rebuttals, put out statements as if the NC2A is a third party entity. Less they forget as a member institution they are the NCAA.
True! How do you get a receiver class like that without a decent QB to get them the ball...🙄

Reactions: rolltide7854

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Can you imagine the panic in Vol land with their 8 million dollar man, the QB they've bet their future on, possibly being declared ineligible. Honestly, that's probably a big key to getting the NIL thing under control. If a few guys lose a season that might start to bring some sanity to the process. The schools have gone all in on cheating...heck, it worked for Michigan.

Reactions: Bamamonts and Con

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
]
Can you imagine the panic in Vol land with their 8 million dollar man, the QB they've bet their future on, possibly being declared ineligible. Honestly, that's probably a big key to getting the NIL thing under control. If a few guys lose a season that might start to bring some sanity to the process. The schools have gone all in on cheating...heck, it worked for Michigan.
Good point. If the players have a price to pay, as well as the universities. Maybe it would help put a lid on the NIL demands. Players violate the rules then they sit out a year and or become ineligible to play for that particular school. As it stands the players have nothing to lose.

Reactions: Bamamonts

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I'm not sure how I feel about this until I see more details.

Sometimes, the enemy of your enemy is your friend. And ultimately, the NCAA is the enemy of anyone who loves CFB.
I'm not even sure I care anymore. Everybody's buying players. It's all slimy. The cat's not going back in the back, so I just want a mechanism so that everyone can be equally slimy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not even sure I care anymore. Everybody's buying players. It's all slimy. The cat's not going back in the back, so I just want a mechanism so that everyone can be equally slimy.
Yeah, I've posted it here several times recently but my love of CFB has been waning for several years now, this garbage has only accelerated it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.