Bama Game Thread: The Bad, the Good, the Ugly - Bama vs. UGA...

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
I wonder if teams are catching on to Oats’ high school offense? I hope last year wasn’t a fluke. We had 3 of Avery’s players leadership we are missing sorely.

One thing about it, Davidson sure ain’t no Collin Sexton, that’s for sure.

Yeah, I’m mad. 🤬
Played at small high school 4a I believe. He's probably more like a high 3 star or low 4 star.

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
Oh, get over it already. The Houston coach was a jackass and that isn't Oats' fault.
Agree Sampson was a jackass but not talking about him. Sampson’s behavior didn’t cause Oats to stand there with a smirk and his hand out for an uncomfortably long time. I love Oats but that was a bad look.

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
We really have a talent issue along with other issues. JD more of a high 3 star maybe a 4. I like Bediako but he's soft. Needs another year. Ambrose will transfer. Doesn't fit the system no offensive game. I like Miles but not the most talented player but probably have him till he's a senior if he stays. Believe he was a 3 star guy. Ellis juco transfer. Rojas juco transfer if I'm correct. Shacks I believe was a 4 star. Not a well rounded player. More of a catch and shoot. Quinerly is quick but is a turnover machine and not a good shooter ,a former 5 star transfer. Alex tichou a 4 star guy that I think transfers that rides the bench. Juwan Gary was a 3 star guy I think one had him as a 4 star tough player who hustles but no offensive game. Noah Gurley a transfer not highly touted slow. Hasn't really showed no offensive game. Doesn't fit this system. We lack shooters. Other than Shack and maybe Ellis we don't have any shooters for this system. Fortunately some are on the way. This team has some talent but not as much as some think.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
The disappointing part is that it wasn't hype. This team has just fallen apart at the seams.
This team has been hyped to the nines. The reality is, they aren’t what everyone thought they were. A few ESPN highlight clips, and not much else.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe we could be better. I believe the talent is there for us to be 17-3 right now.

We should have beaten Iona, Missouri, Davidson, and Georgia with ease. Based solely upon talent.

The loss to Auburn is reasonable though we proved that night to be good enough to have won with a couple bounces. Memphis has plenty of talent, just no organization and they got hot at home. Understandable. Hell we are better than MSU but they are decent and it was a road game.

We don’t have a talent problem. Now were we a final 4 team like it seemed after the Gonzaga and Houston wins? No. Not even close. But we should be 17-3 right now. Again the issue is not talent.

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
I believe we could be better. I believe the talent is there for us to be 17-3 right now.

We should have beaten Iona, Missouri, Davidson, and Georgia with ease. Based solely upon talent.

The loss to Auburn is reasonable though we proved that night to be good enough to have won with a couple bounces. Memphis has plenty of talent, just no organization and they got hot at home. Understandable. Hell we are better than MSU but they are decent and it was a road game.

We don’t have a talent problem. Now were we a final 4 team like it seemed after the Gonzaga and Houston wins? No. Not even close. But we should be 17-3 right now. Again the issue is not talent.
It's a bit of a talent issue the talent doesn't fit the system and other things. We hung with Gonzaga because of three point shooting. Which by now I think we all no that is not who this team is. Can't make enough . But talent has nothing to do with losing to the teams we have lost to.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
We have reached the part of the season where talent equals performance. Our talented team can’t shoot, can’t pass, can’t defend and can’t rebound. Tonight they looked unprepared, under motivated and poorly coached.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Didn't get to see the game just last 10 seconds and that seemed enough, folks we don't have a leadership problem or playing down to the opponent, we have a talent problem, to many I want the shot and not enough how can I help and no bigs inside. This system won't work with what we have
"Team" infested with too many capital "I's"...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You have to question the desire of your team when, for two consecutive games against subpar competition, you have to insert a walk-on with the hope of “giving your team a spark”…and your team in full of four star talents.
At some point it is about “want to”.
Talk about going from the penthouse to outhouse? We’ve done it in six to seven weeks..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.